AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I saw the preview video, and I must say I am very intrigued. Just by that 3 minute video I felt more warmth coming from the show than I did probably the majority of its last 7 or 8 years on the air. I would have preferred the old theme, or an update on it.... but as long as the old, original book is back in the game, that will make up for it!

Very excited to start watching this. Can't believe in a lot of ways that it is actually happening.

• Members

An article I read on TV Source Magazine said in part:

As if all of that wasn’t exciting enough, soap fans will have an opportunity to interact live with their favorite stars in real time through Twitter and Skype. The shows will also have lifestyle segments from fashion and beauty to relationship advice in addition to celebrating the past week’s shows. That sounds like a lot to pack into each half hour and we’re certainly looking forward to every minute of it.

I say leave those "lifestyle" segments out of it!

• Members
No, you don't. What you need is to stop that mess before it starts and give the fans what they need: a fifth episode on Friday. Who the hell needs a recap, anyway, when you have the whole week available on Hulu, Hulu Plus, and iTunes?

• Members

These shows don't need a 5th episode. People have a hard enough time keeping up with cable dramas that air once a week for 13 weeks out of the year. Hell, if it were up to me we'd get 3 episodes a week. I'd rather tight, good storytelling than a extra half hour just because I want it.

Archived