AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Members

We'll have to agree to disagree--but I really think at this point in time if these were brand new shows they wouldn't get one second of the interest (both from soap fans and the media) that they are getting. It's less of a gamble for a new company to commit this way-- To say it stands an equal chance of failing as abrand new show, which would be more of an uphill battle, is IMHO simply not true. That doesn't mean I'm fooled into thinking these will succeed but... If this was an original new soap would they be able to get Agnes Nixon's voice in it? Arguably there hasn't even been a successful new soap since the 70s.

You were disappointed by the trailer. So if that had been the trailer for a new show that wasn't AMC would you be more invested? I guess we also disagree about the state of AMC/OLTL in the end--yes they were amess (arguably more so AMC) but I think they were far from being at a spot where they were not salvageable.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Also, all you really needed to shore up the Chandlers were Adam and Brooke as key players again, which they are, and viable recasts and repositionings of characters like JR and his son. Which the show has done, and it's a good start.

The Cortlandts have always been much more nebulous, going on ten, fifteen, twenty years. There's been one or two of them at best for that long. What they have is Pete in a central role, along with Opal, and Palmer's legacy apparently front and center. From there you can bring on anyone in the future.

I didn't take offense; I thought it was cute. But I'm not sure I could take offense to anything he does.

• Members

No. I'm not blind or stupid. I pitch ideas, and they get shot down. I haven't thick enough skin anymore.

Perhaps. But it has been so, so long since any series, daytime or prime, has piqued my interest significantly. It speaks volumes how I choose to watch reruns of "Murder, She Wrote" and "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman" over anything else. #ImOld

• Members

Yes, that was a photo of Francesca James in the locket.

I had to watch it 3 more times. I just love it so much!!!!

ITA. I think they're adorable even if she does just consider him a friend for now. I definitely got a young Erica vibe from Miranda here.

Me too!

ICAM!

The book literally had me stifling a shriek the first time I saw it!

I loved how the exteriors looked like a real small town. As I said previously about one of the other videos, it reminds me of Pine Valley from the 1980s.

I'm thrilled they're doing a Gothic story again! Whoever the guy in the mirror is, he's definitely abusing her.

I feel the same way. At least we get the book!!!!

biggrin.png

It's not just you, it truly was.

They've got a great foundation, imo. I can't wait for the 29th to arrive!

• Members

Prospect Park's Rich Frank's Message To Fans

By SOD • Posted: Apr 16, 2013

Prospect Park co-chief Rich Frank tells Digest that a big advertising push will help attract viewers to the relaunches of AMC and OLTL on April 29th ("You'll see ads in print and on television") but hopes that fans will help spread the word, as well. "We would hope that all of them would call their friends to make sure they watch them! The way to ensure that this is going to work, because we're really totally advertiser-supported is, is that we've got to get the eyeballs to be watching this. They've done it before; it's just a matter of rallying the troops and getting them to watch. That's all I could ask them to do at this point. We're going to try to give them the best we've got and if they will support us and tweet and Facebook and use all the social media and everything just to make sure that everybody knows that on the 29th, we're going to be back, that would be great."

• Members

I like the changes as well. I truly am hoping the shows don't disappoint. I like the younger cast, they all seem so likeable. This might be the best younger set for the show in probably a decade. Better than Colby and her friends a few years back lol

Yeah I am liking Rob Wilson, he's adorable too

Archived