AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because there's still a lot of potential left in that brand, that setting, those characters young and old, and that rich history. And clearly there was a lot to rebuild with, given the right pieces, which I think they've mostly assembled. I don't need Tad or Erica back right now to have a good show - particularly one that allows vet focus to go more to people like Julia Barr, David Canary, Debbi and Darnell, Cady. Just because they were always top priority before doesn't mean they have to be now; so were Ryan and Greenlee, at ABC. You have Eden and Bianca, which is more than enough of a compass for the Kane family for the moment.

• Members

Don't get me wrong: I like change, too. If anything, I don't think there is enough of it where OLTL 2.0 is concerned. AMC 2.0, though, might as well be a brand-new soap with a different name, because there just wasn't enough there (again, IMO) to build on or continue with.

• Members

They have the Chandlers, the Kanes, the Cortlandts and the Hubbards, and characters of all generations plus some other popular and new folk. I'm not sure what else they should've had in terms of building blocks.

• Members

Yes.

Yes.

This doesn't make any sense to me. It would be one thing if this was "All My Children in name only," like the way so many people swore up and down this would be back when Prospect first entered the scene in July 2011, with a mostly new cast of mostly new characters living in a Pine Valley that bears no resemblance to any PV that we've ever known. This isn't a feature film remake or primetime reboot looking to capitalize off the AMC name (which, I hate to say it, wasn't much in the online entertainment world prior to this whole thing). It's a continuation in the truest sense of the word, with old characters returning, new characters being introduced, plotlines and backstory from the ABC run being intermingled with brand new storylines. It's soap opera.

• Members

Jordan said: "@JordanLanePrice: @vicksvapor77 That I don't know... Yet :) #AMC #StayTuned"

So they're either using episodic footage for the opening, they haven't shot their opening yet or she isn't sure the context her footage she may have shot for an opening will be used in

• Members

I think most of the Martins were so played out near the end. They needed a break. For now we have Dixie, and Joe and Ruth, and I'm fine with that. Cady's wonderful. Later you can bring back some others, not to mention some of the kids.

• Members

Continue, because I'm intrigued. I thought the Martins had a decent presence at the end, and while they may not be a major force now, I personally think Tad and Jake needed to rest. I'd be all for a Jamie return, definitely Sam and Kelsey, but I don't think I'm willing to sacrifice any of the characters we do have -- new or old -- to make room for them.

Archived