GH: John Stamos wants a "meaty story" if were to return

• Members

I'm not a Stamos fan, but I was impressed by this response. I'm glad he actually wants a real story. If I were GH, I'd say, OK, we'll write a return story for you, as long as you agree to a reduced salary. If he says no, then at least they tried. They used to do this a long time ago with people like Sammy Davis Jr, who got a real story, one that ran a week or two, maybe a little more (I think). I know they had way more money at the time, but they could still try.

I wouldn't want to be sitting behind Rick Springfield's melting face either.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thats great he wants a story BUT what is his salary and availability? If he costs too much & cant give them much time, then I cant get mad at GH for not giving him a story. Now if can give them 4-8 weeks of shoot time & will work for less than what he usually gets, than Im all for it

• Members

I don't think it sounds stupid at all. There is no place on the current canvas for Blackie. The show is bloated enough without any real long term storyline potential for the vets already in place. From the tone of some of these posts, you would think that JS was wronged here. He wasn't. They asked him to come and be a part of the 50th anniversary and nothing beyond that. There's no deceit here, and if Stamos is a real fan of GH, he'd take it for what it is and celebrate with other GHers and leave it at that.

You have no idea how difficult this is for me to say, but I'm with FRon here. It was generous to reach out to JS, but I'm glad it was clear that it does not go beyond the 50th. Who in the sam hell does JS think he is? Being asked to give a nod to the 50th of the show that gave him his start is not an insult!

If he chooses not to celebrate this, then he can wait for a Full House reunion and see if the Olsen Twins will give him the [!@#$%^&*] time of day!

Take it or leave it and keep it moving, Stamos!

• Members

Blackie has plenty ties on the canvas so he can used. It call creative writing....hell make him Sam McCall's daddy or Britt or Ellie's dad. it is easy to tie him into a story if you know how to write. Stamos made the right choice turning down that sh!t. Frisco, Scotty, Luke, Laura, Bobbie are all tied to Blackie Parrish

• Members

But why? There are plenty of returns right now, and nothing is being done with them. There is no room or need for Blackie. GH needs to move forward...preferrably with a non hack.

FRon have no real interest in these vets, so all they are really doing is eating up short term funds and they will begin to drop like flies. Why waste that time and money?

And again, I don't see what was so sh!tty about what they want JS to do. How is that degrading? Being a part of the 50th is an honour!

• Members

It's not about Rick Springfield. It's about playing a role in honouring the 50th anniversary of the show that gave him his break. With the state of Daytime, I would think he'd be happy to do this, but that just me.

But again, it's not like we are talking about some great thespian here.

This crap disappoints me greatly!

• Members

If he wants to honor his time on GH he can just say on Twitter or Facebook or whatever, "Happy anniversary GH." They were giving him a non-role, crammed in with another returning character. I don't like Stamos but I can't blame him for wanting more if he's going to take the time to appear.

• Members

Yeah, I don't see why John Stamos would waste his time to make a one scene appearance on GH. He is not A list, but unlike James Franco, he is pretty well known to both the GH and prime time audience. Featuring him in a brief return story is more like to bring back GH viewers in the prized 18 to 49 women demo than almost of all these stunt returns put together.

Unlike just about everyone here, I never hold it against actors who have worked on the soaps and don't want to look back. The soaps are dreck in Hollywood, entertaining dreck, but dreck nonetheless. So if John Stamos is willing to do a short, but meaningful stint I think that is cool.

• Members

Stamos' name will not do anything for GH's numbers. He is not needed on the show at all, but if he can come in and have fun for one or two days with the other GHers, I say DO IT!

Then it's not about GH. It's about Stamos. If he has the time, help celebrate the 50th or else, STFU! It's not like he's capable of anything outside of Uncle Jesse!

Archived