GH: John Stamos wants a "meaty story" if were to return

• Members

I'll be happy if some of these returns don't happen. We need to save returns for later on. As it is I see the cast getting too big to service all these characters and stories properly. I would've settled for Lucy and Kevin back full-time and leaving Laura, Scotty, Frisco, etc. until the summer or later when needed.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He's worked pretty consistently in primetime (although I don't see the appeal).

I don't think he's needed, but since they chose to ask him, I think he was right to say, "If you want me, write for me." It's not as if he's ungrateful to GH - he already made a cameo as himself years ago. But this sounds like a pointless stunt return, which RC/FV generally fail at (see Frisco as the latest).

• Members

If they had said, "we want you to come in for 8 weeks and play a child raping clown", then JS would say, "hell no. Give me another story or I am going to pass".

That is not the case here. TIIC asked him to come in and make an appearance for the 50th anniversary, and John countered with "I want something longer and meatier". These are 2 different things here. Is John looking for GH too put him on the map again? Does he need work? He's trying to turn a one/two day stunt into something more, and that is not what TIIC are offering him.

It may have been best if JS had said nothing because this makes him looks a bit thirsty.

BTW, I would love for GH to pass on a mediocre "vet" and grab a past Daytime actor for a role or two. Victoria Wyndam and Elizabeth Hubbard come to mind. They are marvelous actresses and I'd love to see them as opposed to a Stamos. He's nothing!

• Members

He's on The New Normal now, which is ass and a ratings flop, but probably has some chance of staying around. I don't think he's trying to stay on GH for good. That would be a huge comedown in salary when he works frequently in primetime.

I'd also prefer them to Stamos, although I'd prefer them to much of the current cast...

• Members

John Stamos looking for GH to put him on the map again? He does not need GH. Unlike most actors from the 80s, he actually works constantly and has name recognition beyond his yogurt ads. John clearly cares about GH and wanted to so something a bit more meaningful. I don't get the problem with this, especially when he played a character that GH fans cared about for many years. Anyway, it is not happening so it does not matter.

Archived