GH: Discussion for the Month of February

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

An interview with Kristina Wagner about her new documentary and Frisco's return: http://omg.yahoo.com/news/kristina-wagner-kids-dont-want-watch-felicia-frisco-000150810.html

There's also a video, but it's blocked for me so I have no idea what she talks about: http://watch.accesshollywood.com/video/kristina-wagner-talks-hesitation-over-ex-husband-jack-wagners-general-hospital-return/2193579025001

• Members

Maybe its not that her kids aren't into the soap genre maybe its just that they don't want to see Mom and dad who are divorced on tv acting. I know that'd make me uncomfortable if it were my parents. I was also surprised the other day when I went by the high school to give my aunt something. It was at the end of class and she and her class were just sittiing and talking and I found it very surprising when she brought up Days and out of about 15 kids 6 or 7 admitted that when they can they watch Days of our Lives and GH. I guess that took me by surprise. So I guess its not really true that young people aren't interested in soaps. They just watch when they have time.

• Members

I am not even one of the people that hated the crossovers (until I had to hear all this PP/ABC mess) but why is RH taking up a spot in that? :mellow:

And you know ABC doesn't give a f-ck anymore. They just let whoever volunteers to do it handle all that stuff probably.

• Members

OMG! That's terrible! I didn't see that! Well, anything to make Todd hilarious, I guess.

That's generally how I feel as well. Barely anything from the Monday or Tuesday episodes held my attention so I didn't even bother to watch this latest episode. I've been feeling misled by the people on the GH twitter feed. "See? Patrick remembers Robin! All you haters are pressed!" Only to see Patrick in a bland Narcotics Anonymous meeting for 90 seconds. "WOW! Sabrina's back story is compelling! All you haters are pressed!" Only to hear Sabrina became a nurse because her dead mother was a nurse. However, I've never been misled by "OMG! MiStarr are so awesome! All you haters are pressed!" I know to stay clear of that androgynous couple.

• Members

Not necessarily dumb but IMO TIIC believe their audience has a very short attention span and often forget plot points unless they repeatedly hit them over the head.

I'll get flamed for saying this but in my years on soap boards, I'm not sure they aren't right about a chunk of their audience. A pet peeve of mine is the wrong soap history posted as fact on here. I said a chunk because many soap fans pay more attention to details than TIIC.

I hate the overuse of recent flashbacks, too, but IMO those are more fillers to help keep the budget low. It's like okay we'll just fill the 1-2 minutes a week with flashbacks versus tape new stuff.

• Members

You should have seen it. Anna is standing there reading Todd his rights off of her cell phone was downright ridiculous! Can't miss a moment of Todd's stand up, now can we? I will say that I did get a chuckle out of Anna's response "you too" because Fin's delivery was so on point! But all in all, it was just stupid. Then, Carly comes up and Anna tells her she's got one minute with Todd. Of course, my heart is filled with glee when Tarly is on my screen BUT at that moment, Anna believes Todd has just kidnapped this child AGAIN AND he's an escapee? Why does he get any time alone with anyone for any reason? These things should not shock me by now, but they do. They really do!

Archived