Unsung

Eric83

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Ha...I have no clue....LOL...I just happen to be watching Good Times one night when promos for the upcoming season came on and I was like what is this....looks goooooooood.....LOL

I saw the SWV one which I liked and 702 one....can't believe at all of the ones I have missed...LOL

• Members

I really want to see The Jets, but TVOne is a premium channel on Verizon.

Please register in order to view this content

"You Got It All" is my jam (and the best thing about Jaws 3).

I Googled Jennifer Holliday's and found it posted (officially) on a theatre website. Was so glad to see it.

• Members

I love that song. I didn't know it was one of the brothers from The Jets. What's shown in the preview is one of the sisters saying how the record company wanted to fire her brother and I am assuming to replace him with another male singer. 

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Private Number was always the first song that came to mind for me when I thought of the The Jets but after I watched that episode, Rocket 2 U was in my head several times yesterday, LOL.  I had no clue what that song was about when that song debuted, I was too young.

It's a shame that one faction of the family sued the other, and the parents encouraged this??

Please register in order to view this content

They really need to rebuild the original lineup, the tour would be more stronger if they did this.  The younger Jets can form their own spinoff group where they always be an opening act for performances.  The time is now, while the Unsung episode is still fresh and they are on people's minds.  There have been quite a few musicians who have re-launched their careers in the wake of their Unsung episodes.

If the likes of The Cover Girls and Exposé can get themselves on some type of tour, The Jets, who are far more talented should be able to, especially if they can get on a double bill with another musical act that was also popular around the time period that they were popular.  New Edition, New Kids On The Block and BoyzIIMen were very successful when they all toured together for awhile.  1980s and 90s nostalgia is big right now, The Jets could really have another chance at musical success (maybe not at the levels they were in the 80s but a nice career as performers) if done well.

That manager really did them dirty.  His absence from the documentary spoke volumes.

Someone on Twitter asked whether Bruno Mars could've been influenced by The Jets.  There were some who responded yes and some no, stating that Bruno Mars is Puerto Rican and Hawaiian (I'm not sure why this would rule him out as being influenced by The Jets since Hawaiians are technically Polynesian/Pacific Islanders, as are Tongans).  I'd love for someone to actually ask Bruno about this, I think it's a good question.

Anyway, I thought the episode was fun (well except for the health and family crises) and it sent me looking for other performances on YouTube.

By the way, anyone who hasn't seen it and wants to-

https://tvone.tv/video/unsung-the-jets/

I would recommend watching it on Firefox browser and I cannot guarantee that the link will be active forever so...watch it while you can.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I was listening to their greatest hits CD today. It's a shame that the brothers are suing the sisters for the rights to the name The Jets. And the parents encouraging it.....wow...what awful parents. And the manager...what a thief...stole all their money...no cars...no house...nothing......Love all their songs but love Rocket 2 u because the male lead singer was so cute....LOL