Kate/William Expecting First Child

Y&RWorldTurner

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know if anyone is following the story or if this is even a story over there, but two radio presenters from here in Sydney (from a station known for playing pranks) rang the hospital where Kate was and pretended to be the Queen and somehow fooled the nurse and she gave them all this personal information about her live on the air here. It's pretty big station and it's all anyone can talk about. It was found out to today that the nurse committed suicide over the whole thing. The two that did the prank have been pulled from the air and the station is losing sponsors.

http://www.smh.com.a...1208-2b1w7.html

http://www.smh.com.a...1208-2b1u2.html

(Sorry if the videos on the links are blocked in America)

• Members

I don't want to make assumptions about why she did it, but I imagine there might have been other issues going on and this was just a catalyst that set her off. Also, the British tabloids and press are brutal and were already hounding her and her family, so she possibly felt backed into a corner and that she couldn't take it.

The DJs will probably be back on the radio soon enough. This same station keeps putting Kyle Sandilands (who basically bullied a 14 year old into admitting she was raped live to all of Sydney while she was strapped to a chair taking a lie detector) back on after every stunt he pulls, so there probably won't be much punishment on that end.

• Members

I hardly think that the radio DJs should be held liable for her death. They're known for pranks and had no way of knowing this would get so out of hand. It really should have been an innocent joke. It went out of hand and it's AWFUL that this woman ended her life over it, but it is not their fault.

• Members

+1

It's not always about your "innocent intentions". Actions have consequences, some of which we have no way of predicting. Well, for starters, they knew good and well that this lady would be terminated once this went viral. And just listening to her nervous/scattered responses the other day before her death, I thought she sounded like she wasn't wrapped too tight. Poor soul.

Archived