Y&R December Discussion 2012

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

An actor who cares? Please. His acting style hasn't changed since he debuted and he's always been low key. Why should he give a f.uck when YR never gave a damn about him. I think he's entitled to phone it in every once in awhile when everyone who is less talented than him, who started after him, get fatter paychecks and more screen time than he will ever get in this lifetime.

• Members

The solution is firing Kristoff & Bryton to hire "better" black actors on Y&R?

Debbi Morgan & Darnell Williams are Emmy winning black actors & neither were treated with any respect on Y&R.

Daphne Duplaix made a great Rachel recast but she was fired while actors like JPL, FF & Crystal Hunt remained on canvas.

Timothy Stickney was brought back to prop Tea & Victor while Nathan Purdee didn't even get an exit.

Kristolyn Lloyd was one of the best young actors B&B had hired in years yet in 6 months she was paired with the only other black actor on the show & backburnered with him.

After almost two years of nothing despite having chemistry with every character she interacts with Angel Conwell is JUST getting a contract while Liz Hendrickson went from a dayplayer to a string of chemistry free relationships in the same amount of time.

Walter Fauntleroy & Cornelius Smith were two of Daytime's best young actors yet neither got any screentime.

Sean Blakemore pours COFFEE on General Hospital.

So what's the point of firing "boring", "unattractive" actors like Kristoff & Bryton for "better" black actors if "better", "more attractive" black actors aren't ever written for?

• Members

People still don't want to admit it's the writers with the problems. They write terrible for the white actors but they write worse for the black ones. & non of the black actors are their favorites either. It's always the white ones they pick as their favorites & you can tell by how much airtime they get & how many story lines they are in..

• Members

You aren't the only one. They so missed out on the Dayzee/Thomas pairing.

But I agree that majority of writers in daytime write black characters horribly. I can only think of a few (Nancy Curlee, Bill Bell, Sally Sussman Morina, Kay Alden, & John F. Smith) that wrote compelling stories IMO. But I give Josh some credit (an ounce) for trying to diversify Y&R.

• Members
Yep. CE did a great job as Adam. But I can't blame him for walking away from that disgusting storyline. (It was weird to hear ED and EB talk about how getting juicy drama is what it's all about.) No, that storyline was just sick on so many levels. It wasn't about the Rafe thing - it was all the other stuff (and even worse to come).

• Members

TIIC had been working profusely to redeem him even though they wrote him as a psycho and MM's passive/aggressive ass didn't help matters. He attacked viewers who saw Adam as the freak he was and "believed" we didn't know good drama when we saw it. That was on the surface, but deep down, he knew there was truly no recovery from a fetus burning baby napping psych who sticks needles in his eyes as "part of the plan". Then they got all super brilliant and decided that putting him with Sharon would clean him up, but it did the opposite. Sharon, what was left of her, had been irreprably soiled. Both can go because there's no salvaging either!

Archived