Y&R December Discussion 2012

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Blake Hood is just the worst to me. The way he speaks is so annoying, like a total doofus and he can't act through it. Robert Adamson is very awkward as well. He has an odd line delivery and it feels like he's acting. He's just the worst to me. Brings the energy down in all his scenes.

• Members

I've been watching since the 90s and Kristoff has been phoning it in for as long as I can remember. He's just not an exciting actor. And why would he be pissed and defeated? He's getting more screen time than he has in years.

At the risk of being burned at the stake, overall I think the new regime has done a fabulous job thus far. The writing is intelligent and slow paced (which is more than Y&R has given us in about 6 years), the actors are coming to work (the difference in Heinle's performance is especially staggering), the sets/wardrobe/hair/makeup look amazing and I actually like that they're modernizing some of the background music (as long as they also keep the old cues).

Khalil/Lane is still around but that's my only gripe at this point. :)

• Members

In KSJ's case, he should be thankful for crumbs because the alternative is starving? If "exciting" was the criteria for characters getting airtime half the cast would be unemployed. There was something disturbing watching Neil be fired today. Granted they were all fired in Jack's tirade but last week he had several conversations with Jack where he he was wary of being Jack's yes man and his CEO in name only. He left Chancellor for said promotion and the friend/relationship between he and Victor is completely destroyed. The black characters may be getting more screen time but they are still peripheral and the writing for Neil is offensive. Is he not a multi millionaire? He's been an executive business man for years at NE and he's been reduced to a football being kicked around among NE, Chancellor and now Jabot looking for work because apparently he isn't competent enough to role with the big boys. Neil has been crapped on for years and KSJ even more so. And if he speaks out he'll be cashing that unemployment check faster than he could say Victoria Rowell.

• Members

So do Michael & Lauren (who is FAR richer than Neil will ever be). Let's face it, the condo market is not great in GC, so those urban hipsters have to live in apartments. Y&R has committed several faux pas when it comes to AA, however, at least they have tried to have more than one or two token minorities on the show. The single biggest improvement would be to fire KSJ and replace him with an actor who cares. His style is awful and it just brings everything down. Look at the difference in Bryton's acting when he was paired in scenes with Tucker and Katherine. Compare them to the Neil scenes.

Archived