Django Unchained

ChitHappens

• Members

Saw the preview tonigt, and I can't wait for this one.

I heard about the movie a few days ago, and found it interesting that Jamie Foxx had to coach Leonardo on being ok with saying THAT word.

Marceline, I thought of you when I saw Kerry Washington is in the movie. Will you go see it?

I plan to see it. In fact, I can't wait!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From the minute that I heard the words 'Quentin Tarantino' attached to this, I knew that this would be the 2012 version of this fuckery:

196118.1020.A.jpg

Considering that this is the same industry that pushed that Dixiecrat fantasy known as The Help as an accolade-worthy, I'm not surprised that this got the green light.

I'd say that I'm disappointed that Jamie Foxx, Kerry Washington, and Samuel L. Jackson took part in this fuckery, but they've proven long ago that they wouldn't hesitate to participate in some coonery for the right amount of zeroes in their bank account.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

The reviews have been pretty good for Django. I am not going on Christmas, but I will first thing in the new year. I cannot wait. I like most of Tarantino's movies. I enjoy his tales of revenge and violence. Here is the NY TImes review: http://movies.nytimes.com/2012/12/25/movies/quentin-tarantinos-django-unchained-stars-jamie-foxx.html?hpw

• Members

Ok, if you see this movie and don't absolutely love it, that's only because you don't want to!

Entertaining from beginning to end and had me in tears a few times. Leonardo was exceptional (best supporting for sure)! It took me a minute to recognize Samuel L. Kerry was great and Jamie Foxx made me like and respect him as an actor again. Haven't dug him since Ray. Christopher Waltz I'm not familiar with, but he was super impressive!

Gonna see it again this weekend.

Can't wait to read some of your thoughts.

Next: Broken City and Gangster Squad!

Ann, if you really are fond of revenge and violence, this is certainly the movie for you - ESPECIALLY the end!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to clarify, when I say "had me in tears", I mean laughing hysterically.

• Members

OMG, you are killing me, Chit! I am supposed to wait until my friend is back to go see with her. Now I don't know if I can wait. Okay, I just spoke to her and I am committed to waiting for her to see it.

I have heard that Leonardo is likely to get an Oscar out of his performance. Truthfully, I don't like Jamie Foxx or Kerry Washington as actors. Jamie is uninteresting and predictable. Kerry is bland and repetitious. Maybe this movie will change my mind about them.

• Members

Never been a fan of Kerry, but she did a great job in quite a few scenes. I was impressed. Leonardo was a supporting character, so the Oscar is his. There's no way he would win Best Actor because anytime DDL is in the running, everyone else can go home. I have not even seen Lincoln, but DDL never loses. There's nothing he can't do. But Leo earned his keep!

• Members

The Best Lead Actor Oscar is definitely Daniel Day Lewis'. After I saw Lincoln, I was "just mail it to him." He gave an outstanding performance. I think that Leonardo is a solid actor, nothing special, but if his performance is as good as you and others say then that Best Supporting Oscar is his.

Jamie has posted naked pictures of himself on the Internet so I know he is hung.

Archived