Doctor Who

DRW50

• Members

Aaand now it seems Yasmin Finney from Heartstopper - which I've already recommended to @DRW50and which RTD is a big fan of - may be in upcoming Who. Finney is trans.

Confirmed:

Yasmin is wonderful on Heartstopper.

Rumor has it Yasmin may be playing Donna's daughter (named for Rose) - Donna's husband was Black, IIRC. But I don't think the age is quite right, unless we travel forward in time or she's adopted.

Reddit spumors from several days ago:

Please register in order to view this content

I do think they're not just bringing back Tennant/Tate, as rumors are abounding about Matt, Capaldi, etc.

News just keeps coming: A swiftly deleted tweet also indicates Matt Smith's return is slated to be announced this weekend, but will drop sooner if he is sighted filming.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I assure you, getting through the Chibnall era recently has been a real slog lol. But I'm doing it out of love for the franchise. I'm so ready for this to be over and the new start. If RTD hadn't done such mature work recently I'd be less enthused by his return. But I think it's the right thing for a down time for the franchise - Chibnall never seemed fully committed to me, and creatively he was always the wrong choice.

• Members

More footage of Yasmin Finney as Rose (likely Donna's daughter), with Donna's husband Shaun and mother Sylvia.

Looks like the leak is legit- Donna leaves with Ten/whoever to go on a few more adventures throughout the anniversary year. I'd expect multiple specials, presumably leading to the fall and the regeneration into Ncuti Gatwa.

• Members

Rachel Talalay clearly directing some of the upcoming Tennant/Tate work, here with DT, Tate and Yasmin Finney:

These mysterious images may pertain to rumors that the villain of the special(s?) is the Celestial Toymaker:

• Members

It sounds like 

will be returning for the Centenary special in the fall, along with some of their companions. As always, not clear on Paul McGann!

Edited by Vee

• Members

Series 13 (Flux, or as I like to call it to imitate Whittaker, 'Flooks') will be available on HBO Max on 6/6. For my money, the Angels episode is the best and one of the few wholly good stories in Jodie's entire run.

Edited by Vee

• Members

The language in this article may be misleading, as it is very general and almost implies Finney will continue as Rose

in Gatwa's tenure. But I think it's generalizing and Finney, who I believe is committed to two more seasons of Heartstopper, may only be in the Tennant/Tate special(s).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

RTD posted a new pic with Eve Myles today. Torchwood was such a ropey show at almost all times, but I did love that cast. Who knows when they'll let Barrowman out of Industry Jail, but I would like to see some of those characters (especially Gwen) again someday.