DRW50

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Just now on the BAFTA red carpet with Gatwa and RTD. Seems he may go blond. He's known since February.

Shades of Matt Smith - RTD says Gatwa was their last audition and 'stole it'. IIRC Smith did something similar from out of nowhere.

Edited by Vee

• Members

For the first time in years I am excited in Doctor Who. Gatwa is excellent; with RTD returning as well I really hope that the writing really is sufficient and good. 

Bad writing is something that’s plagued the last two doctors. Also hoping for a developed companion as there hasn’t been one since Clara.

• Members

Janet Fielding (more added as possible):

I think the Capaldi era was largely excellent and still underrated, but I do think by the end it was time for a change from Moffat (just not Chibnall). I also liked Bill a lot, but I don't think they needed to do another improbably happy ending for a companion where a death is inverted just like Clara's.

I will agree the Chibnall companions are total ciphers. It is not a coincidence that the only actors that have managed to break out a little in the current era are established performers with their own preexisting name brands - Bradley Walsh and John Bishop.

• Members

I think Capaldi era was overall good it returned to lower stakes character driven stories after all the very high stakes drama surrounding the mystery of Trenzalore and what not it was just some stories were dull as dishwater IMO.  Heaven Sent/Hell Bent was fantastic, but I remember watching Husbands of River Song and feeling sad as it was the end of an era. I thought Bill had promise but the way she was so easily discarded of, yikes. 

The crowded Tardis years of the Davison era worked out well for better or for worse mainly though as everyone had their own personality. With the Whittaker/Chibnall era not so much lol.