• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

So glad to see Ace back, the bright spot of the classic series’ final days.

That said, this whole Chibnall era has been seriously boring and messy long overdue to end. Although I’m not sure what an RTD 2.0 era will bring.

LOL speaking of which I keep seeing a lot of talk that Tennant is coming back to the role just with a different Doctor personality. I can’t tell if it is just speculation or if there is some actual truth to it.

• Members

Tegan is one of my favorite Doctor Who companions of all time. Some people love to say all she did was moan, but she was actually extremely important in paving the way for the more complex companions of the revival series - we saw various members of her family (at least three, in three different stories) and we also saw a number of stories and key events through her eyes. She even learned to pilot the TARDIS (sort of). I knew there had been plans over the years to bring Ace back but I never thought we'd see Tegan again. 

I'm very torn about this, because I truly disliked Tegan's exit - it was forced, grimdark in all the ways that epitomize how detrimental Eric Saward was to the show, and felt too small and rushed for a character of Tegan's longevity. I never felt that should be her final moment on the show. I'd love to believe this can be a long-overdue chance to right that wrong.

Yet, if she is returning just to be killed off, bait and fodder for a finale almost no one is invested in, then it will probably kill the last bit of good will I have left for modern Who. I desperately hope that isn't going to happen.

• Members

Rakhee Thakrar rumors are swirling again re: the Fourteenth Doctor under RTD. I know @DRW50knows her from one of the UK soaps - I can't recall which one. But these didn't pan out on something else awhile back, so I doubt it will here. One never knows.

It seems it has been corroborated a bit more, though, that Chiwetel Ejiofor was offered the Eleventh Doctor under Moffat and turned it down.

• Members

If any of you get MeTV, the next  episode of Collectors Call (which airs on Sunday I believe) is going to have some Doctor Who collectibles, and included a glimpse of Lisa Whelchel dressed as the Fourth Doctor. It makes me happy that even after all these years, he is still the most iconic Doctor. 

Edited by DRW50