Create an ORIGINAL Character for Your Soap!

• Members

The rules are simple:

1. Pick a soap. You have four to choose from: B&B, DAYS, GH and Y&R. That’s it. No defunct soaps, and no soap-like series either.
  2. Pick an actor. Here, you have a wide berth. (Although you’d have to be crazy to pick Meryl Streep…or Charity Rahmer.) But you can’t pick someone who is on a (daytime) soap currently.
  3. Create a character. May he/she have surprising connections to others? Yes. May they be a recast of a past character? No.
  4. Create a story. You are allowed to be as elaborate, or as brief, as you wish. Just give us an idea of what you might do with your original character over a period of, say, six months? (Of course, if you’re Douglas Marland and can project longer, feel free.)
  5. Word of warning: DO NOT BE A “MARY SUE.” If your character is suddenly everyone’s bwestest friend from the get, and he/she has capabilities of doing everything short of walking on water (or even that, since DAYS is still around), we will laugh at you. Or at least, I will. wink.png

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I pitched the following two characters to TPTB at GH for a couple years now, and with the recent death of John Ingle (Edward), I cannot see a better time to create them.

1. GH

2. Jed Allan

3. Harold Quartermaine

4. The younger brother of Edward, Harold comes to PC after Edward's death to stake a claim in ELQ & battle it out with Tracy.

1. GH

2. Marj Dusay

3. Joan Quartermaine

4. The social climbing wife of Harold, Joan soon finds herself right at home in Port Charles, much to Monica & Tracy's dismay.

• Members

At this point Y&R needs new characters who can interact with veterans ,giving those characters something new to work with

1. Y&R

2. ??

3. Larissa Warren

4. Daughter of Victor's brother Matt Miller. Aged about 16-18. Victor receives word that Matt has died in an accident.(After so many years off the canvas,Matt is no longer a viable character.) At the funeral Victor and Nikki encounter a young woman who is revealed to be Matt's daughter. Larissa explains that she and Matt had only recently found out about each other(her mother would never say who her father was,or had lied).Victor takes Larissa in and Y&R has a new teen character.

Maybe her opportunistic boyfriend turns up,trying to get her to exploit her connection to Victor. Or her mom arrives with the same agenda.

• Members

1. DAYS

2. Tamara Braun

3. Olga Desmond

4. Olga shows up at the DiMera mansion selling scarfs and is instantly drawn to Elvis. The two fall madly in love until Tamara gets bored again.

And seriously..

1. DAYS

2. Colleen Zenk

3. Suzanne Roberts

4. Suzanne comes to town to visit her sister Kate. DAYS has never really talked about Kate's family. I'd have Suzanne have the same similarities as Kate. I'd also Kate very worried with her sister showing up in Salem. The viewers would learn a lot about the Roberts childhood which wouldn't be very pleasent. A hard up bringing which caused both sisters to work hard to climb the social ladder. I'd test Suzanne with the likes of Victor/Stefano and maybe even have her interacting with Doug & Julie.

• Members

I am beside myself, because this is almost exactly what I came up with when I read Khan's post about an hour ago. My idea was that the late Edward had never gotten around to amending his will post fallouts with Tracy, and he had left the controlling shares of ELQ to his brother Albert Quartermaine, who he adored and felt sorry for as their mother had always favored Edward and belittled the fey, gifted artist, Albert. Albert has since passed away, so at the will reading, we meet his daughter, the well-heeled Washingtonian, Mare Quartermaine-Kirby (Victoria Wyndham), who among other things, is a very well taken care of housewife-philanthropist who sits on many a museum and theatre board in D.C. Her husband, Rev. Dr. Israel Clite-Kirby (Ving Rhames), is a recently disgraced city councilman who has lost his seat and political career over fraud. He was lucky enough to keep his freedom, and now a beyond pissed Mare is taking the pants. After years of living below her potential being the good wife, she's ready to nab her nasty first cousin Tracy's corporate position. Israel marched with Bradley Ward alongside the likes of MLK and Marion Barry in his early years so he sees a way to further parlay their "rightful" connection to the Q's. Their gorgeous "Irish twin" daughters (played by Daphnee Duplaix and Shannon Kane) possess a certain strength, heart, and avarice that supercedes that of their parents which has the men of Port Charles slobbing at their feet while these sisters take their precious time deciding on who is worthy to sleep with, entertain, or destroy.

• Members

First, I am working on my own soap right now and I am going to copy one of my main characters for this. I really do not know what soap he fits in because the soap I am really into right now is GH so I will use that as my Soap. Also, this question is OT but I am wondering how I structure episodes/storylines.

Soap: GH

Actor: Eddie Alderson (Can't think of another one who fits my description)

Character: Danny Montgommery

Story:Danny is the son of Fred and Rebecca. Danny is an independent and strong young man trying to find out where he belongs in the world. He will do anything to get his way, which he does a lot. Danny, while the son of thrifty and down to earth people has champagne taste but on a beer budget. Danny does not want the restaurant (his parents own a sports bar) as he finds it tasteless. Danny has a vein and egocentric side to him but he is also very passionate about his beliefs.

Also, what is a Mary Sue??

• Members

Let me go ahead and and introduce the rest of the family:

Actor: Bobby Eakes

Character: Rebecca Ann (Sanders) Montgomery

Story:Rebecca is the devoted wife of Fred who acts as the mediator in her family. Rebecca is sad that her son is breaking away from the family and is afraid that he will someday run away. She is trying her best to keep her family unit together. Rebecca is best friends with Jennifer carpenter and they often have receive advice from one another.

Actor: Michael Nouri

Character: Fredrick Garrison Montgomery

Story:

Fredrick “Fred” Montgomery is the proud patriarch of the Montgomery household. He owns a Fred’s Bar and Grill which is a popular restaurant in town. He has one Child, Danny. Danny and Fred are always butting head’s with one another. Fred would like Danny to own the family business when he passes but Danny does not want to do so. He tries to hard at understanding his son. Fred, like his wife, is trying to find a way to reel his son back in and is afraid that he will eventually run away. Fred is the cousin of the affluent Alfred Montgomery in the neighboring town of Scwitzdale. (BTW, Alfred and his family will be supporting characters this soap will not focus on the wealthy).

• Members

Soap: The Young & The Restless

Actress: Robin Christopher

Character Name: Veronica Wyndham (Newman)

Story: Victor Newman gets a call from his ex-wife Julia Newman, asking him to visit her in Lake Forest, Illinois. Victor is taken aback by the call, but senses the urgency of the situation and goes to visit her. When he gets there, he is saddened to find Julia bed-ridden and very ill. She tells him that she is dying of cancer, but that before she passes, she must reveal to him a secret that she has kept for far too long. However, before she can open up to him, the door to her bedroom opens and they hear the clicking of heals on the floor. Victor turns to look at the beautiful woman in the door, and instantly feels a connection to her. Before he can speak, she smiles and says "Hello, Daddy."

Victor instantly figures out that this woman is his daughter. At first, he is angry at Julia for keeping the child from him. However, he decides not to waste time being angry at Julia, as she is dying anyway. He decides to stay in Illinois for several weeks, getting to know his daughter. It doesn't take long for him to realize that she is more like him than any of his other children - a true carbon copy of him. He reveals to Julia that he is scared to bring Veronica back to Genoa City, as he fears that her introduction to the family will wind up like Adam's. He doesn't have much time to think on this, however, before Julia passes away. Victor stays in town and attends the funeral with Veronica, who has begun to lean on him.

Victor explains to her why he is hesitant to bring her back to Genoa City, and the two agree that she *will* return with him, though nobody will know that she is a Newman. The two return to Genoa City and Victor immediately appoints Veronica a large, upper level position at Newman. This angers Nick and Victoria, and raises questions among the board, though after checking her references - they agree she is a good fit for the company and do not contest her hiring.

While in Genoa City, Veronica runs into Avery Bailey Clark. Before Veronica became the acclaimed business woman that she is today, she was a lawyer. During her time as a lawyer she worked side-by-side with Avery Clark. The two share a big secret. A secret so big that it caused Veronica to give up law altogether, and if it gets out now...It could ruin both of their lives.

Meanwhile, Victor is approached in an alley by a group of goons sent by a known mobster in Myanmar. When Victor had Billy held in Myanmar against his will, he recruited help from a notorious mob lord there. Victor had promised him a large sum of money, but never paid. When approached by the mobsters goons, he offers to pay the debt, but it is too late. They no longer want the money. They tell him they are going to kill his family.

Knowing he could never let anything happen to his loved ones, he decides to fake his death,knowing that if he is "dead" the mobsters will have no reason to attack his family. He tells only one person about his plan: Veronica. After Victor's "death" the family mourns, and questions what will happen to the estate. They await the reading-of the will anxiously, and are later called to the ranch. Nick, Adam, Abby, Victoria, Sharon and Nikki gather at the ranch. Upon reading the will, they are stunned to find that Victor has left everything in Veronica's hands. They immediately begin to question this, but aren't given much of a chance. Just then, Veronica walks into the ranch.

"My apologies. I don't think I've properly introduced myself. I'm Veronica Newman."

What do you think?

• Members

Days of our Lives

Actor - Open, because i cant think of one, sadly. African american/mixed race 20 something.

Role - Thom Banning. The son of Scotty Banning and an unkowen woman.

Story - Thom comes to Salem after his great grandmother, Julie, whom he is not close with and hardly knows, makes him an offer to write her life story as he is professional writer. Through this he learns of his fathers side of the family and gets to know the great grandmother his father hates. Of course, during this time he also meets a few people around town, such as Sonny Kiriakis who catch his interest much to Will Hortons dismay.

or

Jesse Garcia

Role - Richard Cardiel

Story - Kevin is the stereotypical bad boy - right down to the motorcycle and leather jacket. This 22 yearold drifter ends up stuck in salem with no money and in need of a quick job. Maggie Horton sees him on the docks for a few days and hands him some money before asking him what his story is. He doesnt like to talk tho, but she deicedes to hire him to do some work at her house since shes been living at the mansion and in return to being paid, he can stay there until its up to date and Abby and Sonny move in. He decides he likes this place and wants to stay, so he gets an apartment. One night at the gay bar he meets Will. The two exchange numbers and start to date as WIll is intrigued by the mysterious Bobby. Meanwhile Abby starts dating a new guy in town who is enough around the edges, Richard. Will and Abby are so consumed by work, school and a new romance they hardly even see eachother. When they do caqtch up they are happy and make plans to meet the others new boyfriend... unaware they are dating the same guy who knows full well what he is doing as he is here to get revenge against the Horton family.

and another one...

Actor- Michael Park

Role- Steven Craig

Story - Steven comes to Salem after accepting a residency at Salem University Hospital in the mental heath field. He is working under Marlena Evans who feels like she knows him. He goes out one night and meets a girl at a bar who catches his eye - Sami Brady. He and Sami wind up dating and she enjoys him knowing nothing about her history. At work he and Marlena bond and he shares how he and his dad are estranged because they just cant seem to get eachother, and Marlena opens up about a similar relationship with her daughter. When his dad - Don Craig - comes to town, Steven throws a dinner party inviting Sami and Marlena as all remain unaware of the connections. Of course this is all very short lives as its very contrived, but it lets Sami own up to everything shes done and makes her and marlena want to be closer after bth bonding with steven over his dad issues, and don decides to stay in town and work on his relationship with his son. His staying in town could mean trouble for John & Marlena and Victor and Maggie.

Archived