Khalil re signs with Y&R

rlj

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And to think that TIIC valued this no-talent tragic mulatta over the fabulous Victoria Rowell.

Not that I'd watched since poor Dru went over the cliff years ago, but this is one of two reasons (the other one being that they fired a talented Blacktress because her fairweather ass couldn't pay to get hired for a mainstream role) why you won't be seeing me anywhere near Y&R.

I echo marceline's condolences to the few Y&R viewers that are left.

• Members

You know, not being much of a Y&R viewer, I've heard this charge so often that I finally went back to look at some of her interviews because I couldn't believe that she was as bad as some on this board make her seem. Yeah, she's got some issues there. It's unfortunate to say the least, especially for someone playing the child of such an iconic character.

• Members

I don't see how this is bad news. Maybe they aren't ready to make a change because they haven't finalized Lily's next story and haven't cast who is allegedly her new love interest. Keeping CK around recurring seems like a win if that's the case. They can let her go whenever they are ready to move forward, siting the fact they need a contract role for her at that point. They don't have to wait 13 weeks. If that turns out to be the case, I'd say it's a pretty brilliant move by Phelps and everyone saves face. I don't see them giving Lily any big story or new love interest if she's recurring. The only way Lane would stay a couple longterm,is of Sony wants it. JFP has no allegiance to couples or couple fans.

• Members

nojWx.gif

This is disappointing. I really looked forward to what I presumed would be an interesting and hopefully overall more agreeable recasting choice. With a new Executive Producer and renewed interest in the viability of the show's canvas, this was the perfect time to recast Lily and take the character in new directions.

• Members

That's how I see it too. Its much better if she's on recurring now instead of getting a new contract. Her current one expired this month so I think she's been on recurring since then.Tyler Douglas has yet to be cast and I didn't see him debuting until November anyways. They'll usher Harmony out early November then start Neil's story working at Jabot. Lily working at Jabot is suppose to happen too according to the Tyler auditions. I would not be surprised if a new Lily is announced within two weeks. As for Lane, they hired some actress named Cooper Harris recently and she'll be interacting with Lane. I do not think she's playing Cane's sister but perhaps his first wife. Given his 100 backstories its buyable. I think their plan is to kick Lane to the curb.

• Members

:lol: Isn't it great?

Hearing those Tyler Douglas sides aloud, I could "hear" CK delivering the lines and I had a hard time imagining her having chemistry with this man. If all of those *rumors* about her are false or exaggerated, that's really too bad, because my opinion of her has certainly been affected.

Archived