Y&R: Discussion for the Month of September

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

MAB made the same mistake all other soaps that have hired GF have made: they think the so-called "name value" alone will translate into huge ratings for their show, regardless of story. And if they had had a clear picture of Genevieve character from the get, that might have been okay. But MAB and her team clearly had no clue what to do with her -- or to put it another way, they didn't know how to write for GF -- and as a result, all the money they blew on her turned out to be a HUGE waste. Chances are, too, they'll have to do some major, major cost-cutting in order to recoup that financial loss. Ergo, if you can't stand how most of the show takes place in the GCAC dining room or Crimson Lights, well, you better sit down, kids.

• Members

I never thought, as an actress, that Sharon Case was all that and a bag of chips, though I thought she did some good work during Cassie's Death. And i don't know what she's like IRL so I am purely basing this on what I see on my TV screen. She has been given some major garbage to work with, and she''s turned lemons into lemonades. This current story is completely OOC and yet I am enjoying Sharon more than I have in years. I can't help rooting for her against those awful Newman tykes (including Adam, who has the nerve to get on his high horse with her) and just everybody in general. I know everybody hates the show and this SL, but I just wanted to say that I am impressed at SC for giving her all and making me enjoy her performance, despite everything else that is so wrong with the show.

Honestly, I'm not an SC stan, I'm just sayin'.

Archived