Y&R: Major character return in the works? SPECULATION

• Members

Then MS wants to be all passive/aggressive in an interview because she knows how gullible fans can be. MS arbitrarily decided to spit "at" her scene partner and it "accidentally" got on said scene partner, in the face, because she knew she' d get no resistance from TIIC! VR is good because somebody would have gotten their ass whipped! Spitiing on someone is degradation at it's worst.

This incident is why I loathe MS to this day. Not only because VR is black, but spitting on someone shows how little you think of a person. It's horrible and I can't stand it. When I see it on tv, I have to close my eyes. It's too disrespectful. I [!@#$%^&*] hate it!

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Perhaps. I'm not suggesting MS is racist, per se. I am suggesting, though, the instincts that told her this would have been good for the scene also should've stopped her, made her think for another second, and made her say, "You know what? Given who I'm in the scene with, maybe I'll refrain." Because even if she had cleared the idea with VR, look at how viewers have responded to that moment as well as its implications. (As Robin Strasser once said, and which I firmly believe, we have to be careful about what we are sending into people's homes.)

Also...? Perhaps it's a matter of personal taste, but unless you're Danny Thomas, a "spit take" is just crass and lazy and not at all a good idea; and IMO, no decent director would or should allow that to go unchallenged.

• Members

I remember seeing an interview with Elizabeth Hubbard from As The World Turns and she wanted to ad lib a spit take, but stated that she cleared it with the actor first and he said okay.

Was Stafford's action racist? I think race motivated some of it, as well as overall ego that actors have. I said this on the board awhile back, but a lot of times when a black person walks into a working environment and behaves as if they are just as good their white counterparts, that's going to be a problem for some white people.

• Members

I don't think Michelle ever really had any reason to believe that one insignificant scene (I don't even remember what they were discussing in the scene!) would create such a firestorm.. Actually, I should rephrase that: I don't think Michelle had any reason to believe that Rowell would go out of her way to create such a firestorm out of it. Does Rowell have any other evidence to support her claims that MS did it deliberately because she was black, or to be rude? I've never seen any.

• Members

I remember when Melody had her contract disputes in 2009 and left the show for a while, One of her PAST Co-Workers made a comment on her saying:

"For years Melody thought she ran the show, obviously because her hubby Ed had been the producer for some many years, She's crazy if she thinks another soap would pick her up".

I always wondered who actually said that about her, since they didn't say who it was.

• Members

Yeah...I don't think it was VR either, It all rules down too who wasn't on the show at that time, but possibly could have been recurring or has come back recently.

I honestly for some reason think It might have been Lauralee, because i don't think the soap press would risk singling her out of saying things about her father's show. so they just had it as annoymous.

• Members

I said signs or evidence. As in, have there ever been any other signs that would reasonably lead us to believe MS is racist? And has VR provided any other evidence, and I mean concrete evidence, that MS was racist to the African American employees at Y&R? Because if VR can only provide instances in which she felt victimized by MS, that's not racism. That's just MS not liking VR. Unless MS collectively treats the AA cast/crew disrespectfully, and that can be proven, any claims of racism are bogus and hold no real ground.

Archived