Y&R: Major character return in the works? SPECULATION

• Members

Re: Carmen LoPorto (the last child Jack on OLTL), what I remember is Robin saying she'd given him a bit of the old school. The boy was very green when he started, and fumbled a lot on his first day. He'd been trained by his parents to go around and give his co-workers a hug at the end of each day, and Robin told him she wouldn't hug him until he came prepared next time (and I guess he did). That's just the old school disciplinarian treatment. I don't think she was malicious so much as in her own atmosphere. It fit with her rep, but it didn't do her any favors in some people's eyes. I didn't have a problem with it because I doubt anyone suffered any lasting damage. I did roll my eyes a little.

I love Robin but I think she's often her own worst enemy. She got herself taken off OLTL at the end, IMO by trying to play out a drama in the hopes of more story. I believe she thought they'd beg her to stay before she walked out the door and write her back in. And under normal circumstances I think they'd play her game as they often have before. But I don't think she accounted for the fact that they were struggling to both conclude the show on ABC and (they thought) take it online on a very limited budget; if she hadn't forced that situation by making a huge production of 'having to leave' (which she didn't), I think she'd have been there to the very last day. So I am not excusing Robin Strasser for any and all dramas. I just think the thing with the kid is the wrong example.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If MS was racist (and hated VR), do you really believe that she would believe that she would have turned to her to discuss her child/surrogacy? I don't think so. That is way too personal and something you would only discuss with someone you trust and respect. MS made a mistake, she apologized. Honestly, I have to question the production people of keeping the scene on air. If VR was offended (and I can understand her point of view), then it was up to Sony/Y&R production to require a reshoot (or at least edit it so that the spit did not appear on scene). I think both actors are fantastic and loved that Dru and Phyllis were true frenemies - after all, how many other bumpers - had TWO WOMEN IN THE SAME SHOT - on ANY DAYTIME SHOW. Only 1 and it was the two of them. Y&R recognized how much fans loved their antics. I hope VR comes back - it could be a huge boost to Y&R and I'd love to have Dru recount Sharon's antics during the time she's been way! It might be the way to reform the Sharon character.

Archived