Y&R: Major character return in the works? SPECULATION

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When was the last time VR actually brought this up?

And Phyllis has gone 15 rounds with everyone female character on this show and not once did MS arbitrarily decide to spit "at" a scene partner until VR. People are bound to find that suspect. Why in the sam hell would you not include your scene partner in this? A surprise reaction? What if the surprise reaction caused a reshoot?

VR should have improvised and knocked her [!@#$%^&*]!ng teeth out to "enhance" the scene. Talk about a surprise reaction!

MS was being a nasty bitch because she knew she could get away with it.

• Members

Yes, it does. However, unless you've been part of a disenfranchised minority afforded second-class-citizen status (at best) by the majority, it's difficult, if not impossible, to understand why certain African-Americans feel the need to attack and to defend.

• Members

Panicking? Not at all. I want VR to return. She may be batshit crazy, but so is half the cast. And this particular batshit crazy happens to be the batshit crazy who could reinvigorate the Winters family (along with nuLily) and potentially give Y&R another 5-10 years of life.

• Members

I understand why VR would be mad if MS didn't fill her in on the spit take. But there is NO evidence that it has anything to do with race. At best, it has to do with MS not liking VR, and even that seems a stretch.

I understand what you're saying, but like I said earlier, does Michelle have ANY history of racism? Is there documented proof that she has been rude or malicious to other AA staff at Y&R? All of that combined with the fact that I am pretty sure I've heard repeatedly that she is friendly with KSJ off-screen pretty much debunks these "racist" theories.

• Members

But no matter what "crazy" stunts those actresses pulled (Hubbard, McKinsey, Strasser) or things they've said to the soap press (Zimmer, Fulton, Grahn) they NEVER have been said by fans to have totally burned bridges or prevented themselves from going back to their shows because their cast (the same actors who supposedly don't have "power") would revolt.

If SON can't admit to double standards then it's no wonder Daytime is dying.

• Members

And to go on the record - I too hope VR returns. Dru is one of my all-time favorite characters. I just hope she leaves the drama at home. I like her, I do. I liked her books. I respect the work she does for the foster care system. I love me some Diagnosis Murder.

I just don't want her to return and subject is all to how hard it is to do a scene with MS because all she can think about is the spit.

That's simply not true. Many people have said that Strasser burned her bridges and were surprised she was allowed back. Same goes for Tristan Rogers in-between his various returns to GH. And others, as well.

• Members

At the risk of making the mother of all bad puns: this issue isn't black or white, DeeeDee. No, Michelle Stafford has never done a "spit take," planned or unplanned, against any other actors, let alone White ones. Yes, because Victoria Rowell has been the only actor to suffer this indignity, it's therefore logical to label Stafford's decision as racist. And who knows? Perhaps, in her heart of hearts, Stafford did choose to spit at Rowell because she is just another racist bitch. I'll concede the action, as it appeared on camera, came across as racist -- but that's all I will concede. Stafford swears it wasn't supposed to be perceived as such, and until we have definitive evidence that says otherwise, I'm afraid that's all any of us have.

• Members

Exactly.

If everything was so "mistaken" & "coincidental" then why did she have to revise her original statement about it?

And if she was so "friendly" with Kristoff how come she didn't have anything to say about him being almost fired or Davetta being harassed?

• Members

Who invented the term "giggly heffa" for Phyllis anyways? It cracks me up far too much when I read it. Someone needs to copyright it! LOL.

I agree with you on what she did too. She's always destroying someone's life.

EDIT: OT, but...what the heck was up with that double quote. Anyone else having that issue in this thread? :(

• Members

But it is.

If & when she spits on a WHITE actor in a scene then we can talk about her NOT being a racist until then the burden of proof is on her

And no one still has anything to say about Tonya, Bryton or Veronica's treatment besides it being "too bad" Y&R won't write for them. :lol:

Then blaming THEM (or their kids) for what she did.

Kyle gets angry with her for writing about her mother & HE'S the one with the problem.

• Members

I'll admit, the treatment of those actors is pretty blatant racism. But that has NOTHING to do with Michelle Stafford and therefore nothing to do with this discussion. MS didn't fire Tonya, Bryton or Veronica, so why do you keep bringing it up? It's an entirely different conversation.

• Members

& I can't wait for all of them to die then these viewers don't have worry about VR coming back or any black recast. I'll celebrate the end of soaps. While these viewers be asking for people to sign some kind of petition for them to be save. I don't care if the cast is out of work because my favorite were let go a long time ago.

Archived