Y&R: Major character return in the works? SPECULATION

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm a few pages back but I just want to say it is unacceptable that a show that had an unbreakable lock on a black audience and black canvas for well over a decade, if not longer, does not have adequate hairstylists for black performers. It's not like Y&R didn't have these women frontburner for years. AMC only got Debbi Morgan back a few years ago, and before that they weren't exactly frontburnering the AA folks, yet her hair looked fine!

I always said that the only people that could break Y&R's lock on a black audience was Y&R itself, and that's exactly what happened.

• Members

It could be daytime, it could be primetime, it could be anything. It really doesn't matter. These same issues can be found in any arena of the business, daytime just lags behind because of its perceived demographic and value and the same people circulating through it. The bullshit is of slightly higher grade when you get into primetime or cable, but I see the same strains, just mutated, anywhere else, for a variety of minorities. Primetime's got a lot of old hacks too. We just call it something different.

• Members

That's the thing. If she wasn't trying to be malicious, she was certainly trying to upstage and surprise her scene partner which shows her lack of theatre training if not professionalism. You always run such things by your scene partner. Sure, there are instances when trying something surprising in performance can yield wonderful results, but if somebody spit all over my costume without warning...

CAA.gif

• Members

Bergman said he and Jill have been friends for years. I think Auntie Jack is safe.

JFP tends to clash with most soap divas.

Yep and he claims it's because he doesn't like anyone man or woman hitting each other but in the same sentence then spoke about how the men in daytime need to get their balls back and he didn't see how people could've gotten offended by Victor tossing Diane out the ambulance.

Archived