Y&R: Major character return in the works? SPECULATION

Chris B

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Spit takes have been happening in Hollywood for decades.

That wasn't a spit take.

A spit take is PLANNED by all parties INVOLVED.

I hardly think it was a malicious thing

It won't be.

Right after she spits on ANY white actress because "the scene warrants it."

• Members

That wasn't a spit take.

A spit take is PLANNED by all parties INVOLVED.

It won't be.

Right after she spits on ANY white actress because "the scene warrants it."

Did I miss where MS cleared it with VR? She talked to others, but did she ok it with VR since it wasn't scripted?

• Members

Funny how she never spat on Alex Donnelly or Susan Walters or Lauralee or MTS or Heather Tom or Amelia Heinle or Maura West or Jess Walton or Yvonne Zima or Eileen Davidson or Sharon Case.

Or Tracey Bregman or even Patty Weaver

• Members

I'm a few pages back but I just want to say it is unacceptable that a show that had an unbreakable lock on a black audience and black canvas for well over a decade, if not longer, does not have adequate hairstylists for black performers. It's not like Y&R didn't have these women frontburner for years. AMC only got Debbi Morgan back a few years ago, and before that they weren't exactly frontburnering the AA folks, yet her hair looked fine!

I always said that the only people that could break Y&R's lock on a black audience was Y&R itself, and that's exactly what happened.

• Members

It could be daytime, it could be primetime, it could be anything. It really doesn't matter. These same issues can be found in any arena of the business, daytime just lags behind because of its perceived demographic and value and the same people circulating through it. The bullshit is of slightly higher grade when you get into primetime or cable, but I see the same strains, just mutated, anywhere else, for a variety of minorities. Primetime's got a lot of old hacks too. We just call it something different.

• Members

Did I miss where MS cleared it with VR? She talked to others, but did she ok it with VR since it wasn't scripted?

That's the thing. If she wasn't trying to be malicious, she was certainly trying to upstage and surprise her scene partner which shows her lack of theatre training if not professionalism. You always run such things by your scene partner. Sure, there are instances when trying something surprising in performance can yield wonderful results, but if somebody spit all over my costume without warning...

CAA.gif

• Members

Bergman said he and Jill have been friends for years. I think Auntie Jack is safe.

JFP tends to clash with most soap divas.

Wasn't Eric Braeden pissed when Heather Tom slapped him in a scene and made sure that never happened with anyone again?

Yep and he claims it's because he doesn't like anyone man or woman hitting each other but in the same sentence then spoke about how the men in daytime need to get their balls back and he didn't see how people could've gotten offended by Victor tossing Diane out the ambulance.

• Members

Wasn't Eric Braeden pissed when Heather Tom slapped him in a scene and made sure that never happened with anyone again?

If MS spit all over his suit, he would have called "COT!" and done "everything within his paaaa" not to snatch her up.

• Members

It could be daytime, it could be primetime, it could be anything. It really doesn't matter. These same issues can be found in any arena of the business, daytime just lags behind because of its perceived demographic and value and the same people circulating through it. The bullshit is of slightly higher grade when you get into primetime or cable, but I see the same strains, just mutated, anywhere else, for a variety of minorities. Primetime's got a lot of old hacks too. We just call it something different.

Pretty much.

Yep.

And that was PLANNED.

Archived