Most Dramatic Soap Opera Scene

• Members

It might've been too weird and against the show's overall message of female empowerment, but I wouldn't have minded seeing a man step into that vacant position on "Charmed." A long-lost, younger half-brother, if you will, named Peter. Let there be some initial conflict over the revelation -- "Can there still be a 'Power of Three' if one of 'em is male?" -- followed by a gradual easing into their new relationships and functions within this family, with some fits and starts and minor (and major) upsets along the way. That way, you would avoid the inevitable "two Phoebes" trap that Paige fell into AND you have an interesting new dynamic for the series, with Piper and Phoebe serving as Peter's two, vastly different big sisters, pseudo-guardians and Merlin-like mentors.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It starts at 3:35 in this clip. Zach hits the stop button on the elevator so he can fall apart in private. I did something similar when my dad died except it was in the dressing room at a clothing store. I can honestly say that I stopped breathing at this scene and cried for hours after watching it.

I have no love for the character of Zach Slater but I'll be forever grateful to TK for the love and respect he had for Eileen Herlie and for fighting to make sure that Myrtle got a proper farewell.

• Members

The scene where Jesse buries his daughter in an unmarked grave. It starts at 5:10.

I don't have any flowers. I should have brought flowers. I should...daffodils. Daffodils. Your mother's favorite flowers. I bet they would have been your favorite too. I bet you would have been just like her. Sorry. I'm so sorry for not looking out for you the way I should have. This wasn't supposed to happen. This wasn't supposed to happen like this. This wasn't supposed to happen like this. (looks up to God) Maybe you had a reason, whatever that reason could possibly be... but she's yours now, ok? So please take care of her. The way I couldn't. The way I can't. What I did tonite doesn't mean you weren't loved. If anything I loved you too much. I needed you too much and just because your whole family isn't here saying goodbye doesn't mean you were loved any less. You were so special. And I will always love you. Always.

I know this lie I'm telling Angela is wrong. And maybe if I had time to think things would have turned out different.But you can't turn back the clock. Not now. Not ever. When you're hit with something like this. Something that rips out your guts. What can you do but find a way. Find any any way so you can pick yourself up and keep going.

Because in a blink of an eye your life can change to the point that you don't even recognize anything anymore. In those moments go with your gut. You have to. Otherwise you won't survive. All that waiting for things to go right. How could they have gone so wrong? Choices still have to be made. Decisions have to be lived with.

I will miss you so much baby girl. And I will promise you this, everytime this child smiles or lets out a laugh, I will look up and remember you. I will always remember you. Always.

• Members

You betta transcribe marceline! :lol: But seriously, I started to read that and had to skim, I felt myself choking up. It's just like Mona's letter. You really have to be in the right space to relive the more powerful moments like that.

• Members

It was a bit campy, but when Cass Winthrop (post AW crossover) is cross-examining Barbara at Craig's trial and he badgers her (Cass was a great lawyer) about details of the night of the boathouse explosion that disfigured and almost killed Barbara. She is quite weak and can barely speak (the smoke ruined her vocal chords). Finally, she stands up with "lightning flashing" (no joke) and pulls off her hat and veil and we FINALLY seek her burnt face after weeks, it was shocking. Youtube "ATWT Barbara Testifies Against Craig Part 3" The trial starts shortly after 2:00 mark. ATWT had some great dramatic moments, but this one has stood out for me because it was so surprising and happened during middle of trial. Of course, the twists and turns of who was really guilty (and who manipulated the bomber) and the intended victim made that story even better.

• Members

No one has brought up Bianca crying for a dead Miranda back in 2004 yet?

Shannon was the best dramatic actress in the series hands down. That said I actually think HMC's was the best all around actress out of all of them. She never stood out on all fronts but she was capable and multifaceted. She could work in comedy, romance and drama into her role well enough and she was the true springboard for all the other actresses. She reminds me of a supporting player who was thrust into a lead position and worked with those changes well. Even though she wasn't stand out in all fronts. Milano was the most limiting actress there ever was on that show and she was only capable of doing romance and comedy. I have no idea why she was able to stay just because she was a bigger sex symbol at the time, while Dorothy was shown the door when it was as clear as day that she held down the forte on that show.

I never had a problem with McGowan, she was a better actress then Milano as well.

• Members

I resented this scene, because it was so manipulative and hollow. They were never going to let this be about Monica and the camera was practically up Jason's nose. This and the scene where Edward revealed that he was the new Joe Kennedy are the type of scenes that make me loathe Bob Guza as a writer.

Archived