DAYS: Actress returning?

• Members

Didn't this cause a large ratings drop in 2006/2007? EJ just went around terrorizing for no apparent reason, most of which was very quickly rewritten (hey, he's not a rapist...hey, he didn't imprison his sister, that was Andre).

I have never bought ED in romantic pairings, so I agree I don't care that much about Kristen's love life.

I wish they could write her as a crazier Alexandra Spaulding, trying to claim the power and name she feels should have always been hers alone.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kristen & Eric would be a better choice. Kristen was basically Brady's step mom. I love the idea of Kristen trying to seduce one of Marlena's children. Kristen & Marlena's rivalry was epic. I'd prefer they go that route than Kristen wanting John back. If anything, Kristen should hate John.

• Members

They can't let it go. That's the problem. Recent history indicates posters want more of the old stuff. Anyone younger than 30? Forget it.

You can't go home again, Days. For the show's sake I hope it works, but I won't hold my breath. :)

• Members

IMO, a crazier Alex Spaulding would work. But I can't see Kristen wishing anything but revenge on John and Marlena. Let's hope they don't go the route of having Kristen fixate on John loving her again. Frankly, nothing will work unless they slow the pace down. The only way any story with Kristen is going to work is if they take the time to play the beats out properly. Vivian's stories failed for this reason, as well as because most of the characters she was designed to interact with had to be reintroduced to the show, instead of working her into what's already there.

Kristen has no such problems. I think they have a lot more to work with, and if the stories aren't made to move at lightning pace, ED's return will thrive.

• Members

The ratings for Days didn't start sliding until March of 2007 and by that point the show was steering more towards the love triangle and started distancing EJ as a villain/antagonist for the most part. By that point he had already done most of his damage. The ratings were high from October 2006-March 2007.

• Members

Ha! I'm validated. When it was announced that ED was "fired" - I said it was a ploy by Sony to get her on DAYS as a last ditch attempt. She can always go back to Y&R. (My issue was that on Y&R, if she was separated from Tucker, then there really wasn't another viable pairing for her - at the moment.) I seriously doubt ED is mad at Y&R - that just creates more controversy.

• Members

Wasnt it in early 2007 that the show started focusing on all the younger people and completely backburnered the vets in an attempt to see how the numbers would fare without the heavy hitters onscreen? Bo & Hope were backburnered (when their house nearly burned down, they focused on how it affected Willow the hooker), John was in a coma and offscreen for months, as was Marlena. Instead we have Tinda Lau, Chelsea and that gang, and the numbers sank. That's why they finally put John, Marlena, Bo, Hope, Julie, & Doug back onscreen to read love Colleen & Santo's love letters....

• Members

The week beginning of March was when Days starting taking a real down turn in terms of ratings. These were the key storylines that month:

- Brainwashed Steve

- Shawn and Belle kidnap Claire and wait on the island

- Willow works for Phillip after burning Bope's house down

- EJ looms over Sami concerning her pregnancy; Sami fakes paternity test

- Sami and Celeste's murder plot to kill EJ

- Nick and Billie sleep together

-Stefano is revealed to be sick

• Members

By that time Willow working for Philip had already ended. She worked for EJ when she set Bo and Hope's house on fire. After that she was mostly involved with Nick and Chelsea before dying. Nick and Billie's one night stand had already been resolved.

• Members

Not here, Jane. Other places. I don't want this return to fail, because quite frankly it might be Days' last hope, but I'm just not thrilled with the show's upcoming direction. I should also point out I've chosen to stop watching... so I don't want to sound too cynical. lol

Archived