DAYS: Actress returning?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think John does serve a purpose on the show, as a moral pillar type, when DAYS has so many skeevy leading men, but they moved that role over to Rafe. They now put John in half-hearted "business" stories, when they bother with any story.

• Members

I agree.

That is why i am already shipping Kristen/Eric. Or even kristen taking a liking to Sami/EJ and her and Sami becoming friends as Sami/Marlena is further strained, but then again why would Marlena care, this is Sami not Carrie afterall.

My biggest issue with John is, despite being on the show for long, he has no relationships on the show aside from Marlena. Even Brady and him, in scenes together, seem disconnected and uninterested in eachother (tho i do think EM is a great casting as DH's son).

• Members

I would never buy a John/Kate friendship today. They were a great pairing, and later friends.. years ago. But i feel that a friendship today would be very forced. Really, Sami is probably the person next to Marlena I would most by john having a friendship with, but that would take a lot of work that writers are too lazy to do today.

It might just be a Drake thing though, because well he has never been a master at the art of acting, he always had something about him and that something has been totally missing this go around.

John never should have been unkilled when Hogan killed him off, IMHO.

• Members

Honestly Id want Kristen to go in a new direction and NOT get involved wtih John and Marlena. Question is I dont know what that direction would be. Theres a serious lack of men in her age group, especially with Bo and Jack gone soon. John, Abe, Daniel and Roman is all thats left? Yuck! I guess Justin but he's pretty much a cameo king

• Members

They always have a story in mind when they bring people on. I think the advantage this character has is that she hasn't already been brought back 100 times. But I hope they don't throw her in a story with John, Marlena, or Sami. John and Marlena are played out as a couple and Sami is not hurting for story. I don't think you can keep her away from EJ because she's a DiMera. Maybe some sort of fight for control of the DiMera holdings with Kate and EJ now that Stefano and Lexie are dead.

As for ratings eh. I think this show needs freshness like B&B did to get any kind of real boost particularly in the demos and bringing Kristen back isn't it. Erics not a bad addition if they throw him in with the unpredictable like Abby or Gabi vs. Nicole.

• Members

And? Frankly anything with John and Marlena is played out. And I stand by what I said. Sami is not hurting for story. I'm not sure why people keep getting brought onto these shows to give the same tired characters more story. I think a DiMera internal power struggle with Kate and EJ is a heck of a lot more interesting than another round of Kristian with John and Marlena and Sami has plenty. She's not needed.

Archived