DAYS: Actress returning?

• Members

I would guess so.

As for Eileen and Y&R, honestly they have never had any real story for her since her return. They used her in the vile story about Adam gaslighting her into a miscarriage, and then punished her for that story by degrading her in order to showcase Adam when Muhney became popular with fans. She's had B-stories, at best, with coma patients like Fluckers and Neil. I think they would have written her out no matter what, and DAYS did them a favor.

I just hope they know how to write for her, as at her peak (96-97) Kristen was pure entertainment, something no soap has now.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think this idea that there is some magic casting addition that will boost Days much less any soap are long gone. I understand why they do it because it generates buzz but that buzz in recent years hasn't translated to anything tangible. But if all they are going to do is bring back Kristian and even Eric to the same predictable safe storytelling, they might as well wrap up this show today.

• Members

That is all soaps want to do. Safe storytelling. It is why anything but that is so decimated. The soaps have been in a rut since the late 90s. They arent allowed to evolve. They were more evolved in the 60s and 70s and early 90s

Archived