DAYS: Actress returning?

• Members

I'm not sure what kind of storyline Kristen will get these days. Hopefully if she is indeed returning they will find somewhere for her to fit in.

As for Greg Vaughan as Eric Brady, I read in the same report that Kyle Lowder tried to persuade TPTB to hire him back but for the role of Eric. The report says they thought it would be too confusing. I actually think Eric Martsolf would make more sense as Eric than he does as Brady. I still don't see Brady when I see EM, although a double switch would be way more confusing.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As much as I'd love to see Kristen/Eileen Davidson back on DAYS, I feel her return will be met with the same type of success as Vivian Alamain's 2009 return. It may have a big impact for the first week, because the big bad villainess is back, but then once she settles in, you'll see she doesn't really fit with the canvas and the way the show is in 2012. She definitely has the family ties, so she has roots in that capacity, but in terms of making shockwaves throughout the canvas and bringing the show back to its yesteryear success, it ain't gonna happen. :( That's pretty much how all big returns turn out these days.

• Members

I dont have any issues with Gering's acting. He gets the job done and Ive never found him to be awful on this show. Is he the best? Definetly not, but he's watchable. The problem with the character is the writing, not the actor

• Members

That's why I can't get behind this return. Everyone is so gung-ho about it, and I fear there will be MAJOR disappointment all around. Eileen Davidson won't save Days. She can't. No one person can.

I'd have rather Days kept some of the actors/actresses that got away, whether they were fired or left on their own.

• Members

I agree. However, here is why there is more hope for ED. kristen and susan. Those characters returning could, and should, mean major shifts in John/Marlena and Sami/EJ/Nicole, and if done right can pull in even more people. Carlys return was limited to Bo. Vivians ended up being limited to Victor.

Archived