DAYS: Actress returning?

• Members

Nelson Branco says Eileen Davidson is returning to DAYS.

He said the story goes that Sony told her that she was leaving Y&R and going to Days bc Days needs her badly at this point. She was willing to do both shows but apparently Y&R said no and that Sony had to make a decision and they chose to take her to Days. Y&R told her it was Sony's decision not to let her do both roles and now that she knows the truth she is not on good terms with Y&R brass.

Sony seems pretty desperate to save Days. I mean Kristen drove the show during its last really great period in ratings... but that was 15 years ago and she better be back to do more than interact with John and Marlena.

I hope it turns out well. Ugh I'm gonna have to watch Days now lol

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like her but that was how many years ago? If they let her interact and have story outside of the same people great but I have no use foe her with John and Marlena again.

That said she is more valuable on Days than she is on Y&R. Well more potential value.

On a side note I don't think Sony can just tell her she's going to another show I don't care if her contract is with Sony.

• Members

If SONY won't let her do both shows, how is she not on good terms with Y&R brass but willing to work for Sony on another show? Shouldn't it be Sony she's upset with? Nelson's either pulling this out of his ass, or someone is giving him faulty reasoning.

And not like it would have been realistic for to be under contract on two shows anyway. No show is going to allow that, she should know this as a veteran actress in the industry.

• Members

Those were the same characters.

And who's to say shed have time to do both shows. That's why I don't believe it because I don't think the schedules these shows adhere to these days for budget reasons would be willing to accommodate it. Y&R has needed to cut cast anyway and Ashleys pretty useless.

Archived