Can anyone help me with some iPod/MP3 questions?

kelli_blue

• Members

but I don't know if it would be compatible with the songs I already have downloaded. I have Windows XP and have all my music stored in my Windows Media Player (from Napster) for the MP3 players I bought for my kids, but am not 100% sure if that music would be transferrable to the iPod or not. Does it really only work with iTunes (if so, that sucks!)

Does anyone here have an iPod/MP3? Do you like it? What other ones are out there that are very similar (size and price wise) to the iPod, if the iPod wouldn't work for me?

Thanks! :)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know IPODS are all the rage. But look into an mp3 player by a company, CREATIVE. The player itself is called the Zen.

I have XP and Windows. The mp3 players come with really easy to use programs for importing the music.

Check these out here.

http://www.creative.com/products/product.a...4&product=10795

That's the one I have, but on the left, you'll see a whole bunch of other models. My dad, brother, and I all have one. We got them at Best Buy.

• Members

I had an mp3 player by Scandisk and I love it.

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Catalog(10...P3_Players.aspx

Now I have an IPOD nano(got it as an christmas gift), I really loved it. Its worth it. The only thing I dislike aboput my IPOD nano was that it got scrated up easily, but I did get some accessories that protected from gettig scrated.

You can look more into IPOD here:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/

• Members

with an ipod you have to get a good protective case cause while its designed very sleek and cool, it does fall victim to scratching more because the front panel is now totaly that clear plastic finish. Before that finish was used just for the screen.

I have a 2 gig nano. I love it. I wish I'd not been cheap when purchasing and gone for the 4 gig one. Stupid me LOL.

and plus ... lets face it, you're just not cool unless you've got those white ipod ear buds!

• Members

I wouldn't recommend an IPOD Shuffle, I bought one and had SOO many problems with it and had to send it back soooo many times.

I know some people who also have had the same problems with the Shuffle.

If I were you I would pay a bit more and get a Mini. Or do what KR said and buy an MP3 Player from another brand.

• Members

Before I got my digital media player (mp3) I really wanted an Ipod Shuffle or any Ipod really. But I heard the regular Ipods blow because of a problem with the battery and the Ipod Shuffle only holds 100 songs for $100 so I thought that was a rip-off. A lot of kids that I talked to in my high school said they hated Ipod but that's them. I judge Ipod basically on what they told me. I know nothing about it...lol. But I have a Siren mp3 player that I got at Walmart for like $60-70 which holds 240 songs. I have almost 100 songs and I've had it since November and it's given me no problems. It's really good and pretty small. It came with 10 free Walmart music downloads so I thought it was an awesum deal. It does wastes your batteries (if you use it on full blast volume) but it runs on one AAA battery. I'd recommend buying it. Also, I bought a mp3 player before the Siren (I got the Sony Psych which I returned to Walmart because the songs were freakin impossible to buy!!! and there were lots of license problems with the songs). The Siren is compatible with Windows Media Player and it's mad easy to rip songs off your cds and put them on it and also download songs from websites. It's quite handy and I use it like everyday.

• Members

I have the iPod video. Initially, I was gonna just get one that only played music, but it was only $40 more to get one that had the video feature, and now I am glad that I did it.

I'm like a total dork now, uploading my favorite B&B episodes to my iPod.

Archived