Y&R: June 2012 Discussion

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved it to, the only problem is the payoff would have been better if it was Ricky who confronted Phylis with it, this should have been the main focus, not a way for Daisy to blackmail Phylis. This story actually got me to tune back in, and not just because I found him hot, with Cricket being back it was the perfect time for it.

• Administrator

I agree. I was loving Ricky vs Phyllis and I think the storyline could've gone for months and months. But instead they had Daisy trying to blackmail Phylis with that information? Bad decision. I think Ricky exposing Phyllis for the hit-and-run would've been good and maybe framing Phyllis for Daisy's death or disappearence. It's not surprising the potential was wasted.

• Members

Watching this show makes me physically angry. They brought up Cassie today in that scene with Micheal and Nick and I just kept thinking about how Nick being in Phyllis sphere is just so damn unnatural that it makes it so hard to even imagine this show as Y&R. The scene between Micheal and Nick shouldn't have happened because they shouldn't even be in each others stories. This show is such a sham this days. A complete sham.

• Members

Exactly! It was refreshing to see someone go up against Phylis who wasn't some female. They could have really started a new rivalry for her, having them try to one up each other. There was no point to make Ricky go out the way he is, if they wanted to touch on Isabella being his mother, then they could have definitely played up his devious side, she wasn't always crazy...she was just desperate. And I liked his contentious relationship with Paul, who is every bit of a deadbeat.

But as you said, it's not surprising the potential was wasted. Not just the story, but the actor, he could have made a good leading man, if given the chance.

• Members

Ronan was brought back to GC by Victor to find Abby. Phyllis only asked Ronan after she saw him in station. (Even Nick didn't tell Phyllis that Ronan was coming back.)

ITA with the others that the whole Ricky/Phyllis and Daisy/Phyllis rivalries had much more potential than they were given.

• Members

As is usually the case with actors who are fired, they do a lot of their best work after the boom has been lowered. Ricky as the cold, calm-headed psycho with his Hitler haircut has embraced the role and it shows. That scene where he chased Eden around the hotel room and into the bathroom genuinely freaked me out. Oh, and when PP kissed the actress earlier in the episode, I got the distinct impression that the actress enjoyed the kiss (even if Eden is only meant to be pretending). laugh.png

IA though that this story should have been about Ricky exposing Phyllis, though. God forbid we deal honestly with Phyllis as a character. rolleyes.gif

I could get behind Chloe and Ronan, if only because Chloe & Kevin are so dire ("I'm taken, in every sense of the word" -- barf at that visual).

I like Abby & Carmine and think Carmine is some badly-needed bare-chested hotness on the show. So sue me.

• Members

I just watched today's US episode! Doug Davidson once again proves how woefully underrated he is. He and PP were pretty compelling to watch.

The montage at the end was "meh" but at least we end Friday with a bang!

Archived