Y&R: June 2012 Discussion

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, that scene between Ricky and Paul was heartbreaking. Ricky was soo sad, when he said "I hate when people do that", he seemed so mental and childlike. And Paul did such a great job as well, i felt ba for him. But its good he recognizes he is a terrible father.

And the music box music is soo creepy!

Bye bye Pretty Porte, i will miss you!

• Members

I never expected the payoff for the Ricky story to: 1) come so quickly and 2) to be resolved in this way with Paul. (Using Lauren's gun is a very nice touch.) I also love the homages to Isabella, the knife, the bathtub (twice), etc. Thank goodness for the recast of Heather - I've always been a fan of JL (and really liked VB in the role), but there is no way ER or VB could play the toughness aspect so effortlessly.

• Members

All I can think with this story is how much more interesting would it be if Paul had been written in a way beyond deadbeat? They've done this story a dozen times. Men like Victor are written as studs for abandoning their kids. Paul is just a loser. Then when his son returns as a deranged underwear model who watched American Psycho too many times, it turns into another beat of the same drum. When a story is telegraphed from day one, I don't care what happens.

• Members

I loved Friday's show. The Ricky/Paul scenes were flawless IMO...and holy hell at the death glare that Phyllis gave Michael on her way out.

I am also loving Jennifer Landon as Heather, although I have always been a fan. I agree that she pulls off a natural toughness that I don't think the others could have.

• Members

But he is a deadbeat dad, who pawned his son off on someone else then treated his son like crap when he got to town. I think That had to be addressed, Paul wasn't there for him. And it's not like Ricky's crazy was from out of nowhere, unlike some characters, his family has a history of it. I don't agree 100% with how the story has been written and the characters treated, but Ricky being the way he is and the treatment of Paul is very much within the realm of reason.

• Members

The excellence of Y&R is an enduring testament to the brilliance of MAB. We all owe her a great debt of gratitude for her extraordinary leadership.

Friday's show was the best soap episode in over a decade. In addition to MAB, we have Peter Porte and the grossly underrated Doug Davidson to thank for it.

• Members

The current opening is a mix of scenes from the show and shots that have been done especially for the opening. Look at MTS and Bryton James' credits for instance - the actors were clearly posing for those shots.

Archived