1988 Emmy Awards

ghfan89

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know, I've been waiting for the Emmys for 1988 to be posted for a lonnnnng time, especially the Lead Actress category. But I distinctly remember Marcy's clip being completely different from what we see here. It was actually from the same episode that was in A Martinez's reel and Eden was trying to convince Cruz that miracles can happen and actually stood up from her wheelchair. I even remember most of the lines, like her saying "Our lives have been filled with miracles" as she stood up. Is it possible that this is from an airing in a different country and we got different clips? Even Marcy Walker looks confused.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Wow, not a single acting nomination for Y&R. I wonder why Y&R did not win any acting Emmys from 1986-1990, even though it was on the rise to #1 and eventually reached it during that period.

Quite the all-star lineup in the Younger Actress category: Julianne Moore, Robin Wright, Lauren Holly, Tichina Arnold. Why was Andrea Evans nominated in the younger category when she was 30 at the time? I'm guessing the age cutoff of 26 went in place not long after that

• Members

How SB won two years in a row is beyond me. The show was a dreadful mess. I couldnt stand Eden or Cruz...the whole characters were such a bore..its unfortunate considering how they had such great actors....I still dont understand how the Dobsons were the same ones that wrote ATWT brilliant yet SB was awful.

• Members

I distinctly remember her clip for that year though and it was powerful. What this shows is fluff and no way would she have submitted something like that in 1988 when she had such heavy story all year. They confined her to a wheelchair for months- I'd imagine she'd submit something from that period as opposed to them on a date in a theater, no? Hell, I have clips of that storyline of Cruz's trial/Elena's murder and both she and A were magnificent. There is a plethora of episodes she could have chosen from, why pick that one?

I don't know. I remember that being Susan Lucci's clip and Helen Gallagher's clip but I promise you, I remember Marcy's and that is not what was shown. The only thing I can think of is maybe they used it for her to present? Does she present an award on this telecast?

• Members

And the Dobsons were only in charge through spring 1988 and then again in 1991. SB is a love it or hate it kinda soap so it doesn't surprise me when I see negative comments about it. For me, it was soap heaven, which is where it is now, along with the rest of them save the final four.

• 4 months later...

Archived