RUMOR: Changes Tomlin made to Days

• Members

-MarDar did officially kill Stefano DiMera off. Tomlin/Whitesell have brought Stefano back, so it looks like he faked his death.

-Tomlin/Whitesell are also likely to write Stefano & Kate back together.

-Tomlin/Whitesell are also writing EJ back as Stefano's son. MarDar had it planned for Ian to be EJ's father.

Also, it's rumored that Tomlin/Whitesell wanted the last year to be a dream, but the execs boycotted that idea.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It really depends on the writer at the time. Some of them meant for Stefano to be dead, like Sheri Anderson in 1985 and Brash and Cwikly in 2002. But other writers brought him back from the dead. If MarDar had remained as headwriters this might have been the real end for Stefano, or they could have taken the approach JER did in 1994-1996 by killing him and then bringing him back a couple of months later just to give the character a rest.

• Members

I guess it also depends on how long Joe Mascolo wanted to be gone - didn't he leave (by his own choice) in 85 and 02? Other exits, like the one where they made a big deal of how he was being let go, and Marlena put him in a coma, still seemed to avoid death.

• Members

Stefano like all other classic villians is worn out. They need a new villian. The whole EJ being whoever's father doesnt bother me since EJ is older than Will....LOL....Will should be older than Will...so the whole rewrites by MarDar didnt bother me considering the Will and EJ age history.

I was wondering how they were going to rewrite Will's story had it been a dream. Was he going to come out twice...lol

• Members

I don't know about 85 but in 2001 it was his own choice to leave. When B&C killed Stefano off in 2002 Joe was on B&B.

MarDar were gonna make Ian a DiMera. Maybe the writers changed made them cut out the Phoenix cane scene.

That would have been the worst thing ever.

• Members

They have that in Ian. The problem was that MarDar were gonna replace Stefano with Ian. And I don't mean as the main villain because that would have been fine, but by making Ian a DiMera and EJ's father while Stefano is killed off.

• Members

Any chance MarDar were going to UnDiMera Stefano and make him not a Dimera and Ian the real DiMera??? Would have been interesting just like ATWT did with James and Gunnar Stenbeck. Of course Ian is such a boring lifeless character.

Archived