Partners: Discussion Thread

• Members

I thought the production was brilliant. Whoever Executive Producered this needs a new show with better writing. The music is great, the sets look fresh and modern, the lighting is good. Everything was good except the script and spotty casting. I was so disappointed.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked it mostly because it shows a great friendship between a straight guy and gay guy, something you don't see often on TV or at all (and it reminded me of my relationship with my best friend in many aspects). Brandon Ruth is great eye candy and Sophia Bush is gorgeous. I think the two leads worked. But, with the ratings the way they were, I don't see this lasting at all. It's a shame; it would be great to have this friendly relationship shown more.

• Members

I'm really enjoying this show, but strangely I think it would work better with Sophia Bush and Michael Urie as leads. I know they want it to be Will & Grace 2.0 With a Twist, but Urie and Bush work better off each other and seem more like best friends than Urie and that other guy.,

Overall, I'm enjoying the show. Urie obviously owns the whole thing, for one he gets the most screen time, and two each episode revolves around his hijinks. I'm not surprised though, he was one of the best parts of Ugly Betty to.

• Members

Urie is so heavily mannered, I don't think he works as a lead. I think on CBS a sitcom about a gay man and a straight man being best friends is a tough sell right out of the gate. That might only work on ABC, as they do that on Happy Endings.

• Members

the best friends have no chem together. i do not believe they are best friends, at all. old friends, friends who grew up together sure. but current day best friends? no. i also think both leads are very weak and can not carry the show, and the support team is fine as support but cant lead either.

I love the concept of the show. I love that it is a show about a gay guy and straight guy friendship and their sexuality isnt really a factor. But the casting and writing is just bad.

• Members

That's my favorite part too.

I enjoyed the episode but I think I liked the pilot more and Louis' behavior is already starting to become annoying. So the only way this show will get storylines is if he meddles in things all the time? That's already old.

• Members

I liked the premise of the show too, a show about the friendship of a gay guy and straight guy, I like the two leads, Michael Urie and David Krumholtz, but they don't have the instant amazing chemistry they needed in order to make this work. Plus the writing is just bad. This was the forth attempt to get the show on air, I have wonder how bad the other attempts were.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived