Beauty and the Beast (Drama)

Cult (Drama)

Emily Owens, M.D. (Drama)

Renewed shows so far:

Supernatural

Vampire Diaries

Nikita

Hart of Dixie

Gossip Girl (11 episodes - final season)

Cancelled shows so far:

Ringer

The Secret Circle

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess that's part of the peril of mostly going on hype. SMG has been so cold for such a long time, I'm not sure why they gave her a show of her own. I heard so much criticism of Secret Circle, especially the casting of Chris Zylka.

• Members

Hart of Dixie builds audience out of the WEAK lead in that is Gossip Girl.

The Secret Circle has the best spot on the network and still performs on par with HoD.

I wish The CW would pick up some sitcoms. :(

Ringer had to be expensive with SMG on it and the ratings were miniscule. Didn't they pull a 0.3 in A18-49? The show is too serialized there would have never been a chance to gain new fans with such a complicated story to follow.

• Members

I think they have an agreement with Josh Schwartz (Gossip Girl, The O.C., Carrie Dairies, Hart Of Dixie, etc.). It wouldn't surprise me if he asked for another wrap up season for GG, HOD while also bartering with new pilots with the Carrie Dairies and The Cult which are scheduled to air this fall.

Why? They work as a niche supernatural network more then anything else. They are not ABC. They would get slaughtered if they tried to get more comedies and sitcoms, they can't compete in that department. They got massacred when they tried. The only successful WB/CW sitcom was Reba. All of their best rated shows and most notable series are the ones that feature supernatural action elements like TVD, SPN and Smallville.

The WB was often better, a lot of what The CW is now is just the refuse of other television. I mean look at what they are airing -- Sex In The City: The Teen Years, Melrose Place 2.0, 90210 2.0, One Tree Dawson's Creek, Gilmore Life Unexpected, etc. all of it is basically television series which were already done on the WB or other networks and now they are attempting to fill up time. I don't think anything could help it at this point.

• Members

I thought the comedies did well considering that they were never promoted well. If they cared about the black audiences they could be successful.

One Tree Hill was orginally on The WB not CW.

The Carrie Diaries pick up and 90210 renewal were the most surprising to me.

• Members

The only thing I watch on CW is Supernatural. It still has something going for it but it's showing its age. And the continual killing off of the boys and their inner circle (and bringing them back somehow) can be a little wearing. I'm tired of the Leviathan thing. And, despite what I said about the constant resurrections, I'm hoping Jeffrey Dean Morgan gets to revive John Winchester somehow before the show ends because their relationship (or lack of) with their father set the tone for the whole show so I'm hoping for some kind of coming together.

Archived