2012 Best Drama Submissions

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I did too, but the other episode, Nikki's Wonderful Life or whatever, was a terrible choice.

Though I don't think they had much to choose from, DAYS's choices were pitiful. They actually should have gone WAY back to their January 2011 episodes and used a couple from the Parker paternity climax. Or maybe something from the summer with Vivian/Quinn.

Nothing they did in the first 4 months of the "reset" was Emmy-worthy and to choose both of their submissions from that was clearly an ego-driven decision. One that will cost them any chance at a nomination.

• Members

What? Unreal. That was one of the best daytime hours of last year - a crown jewel of soap television, or really television period. Completely disagree. GH is the one to beat, wouldn't surprise me if they won. The work is that good. They should win if nothing else.

• Members

Amen.

For the record, I would have preferred the Vickerman premiere/Todd reveal episode (s) and/or Matthew's narration episode over the other two, but I can't say I'm shocked that an FR episode was nominated--just that it wasn't the REAL FR episode! blink.png

Still, OLTL is my pick for now.

Granted, I long only watched OLTL and can't really say anything about the other soaps without watching clips on YouTube (I've seen some of Jake's death on GH before), but I can't help it. I remember when the show won for the first time in 2002 and was thrilled. At the risk of sounding quite defiant and immature, I would love to see my soap deliver one last middle finger to ABC, the network that never really acknowledged it to begin with.

Because, at the end of the day, I'm still MissLlanviewPA (hey, that rhymes! smile.png ).

Archived