(All)Short-Term Characters who had staying power.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

People had more problems with the character than they did the actor. People actually liked Wally but hated Sam mostly b/c he carried around that stupid puppet (Cowboy Jack). And from looking at the Doug Cummings story on YouTube, Goutman and Passanantate would've never been able to pull it off. That story was flawless while anything they produced was abysmal. I do think that he would've been that perfect blue collar character that would've fit into Oakdale, a blue collar town, perfectly. And God knows that during that time period, Carly lacked a stable man and I think that Sam could've been that.

• Members

Eh...Craig (at least the version written by Goutman, et al.) was a sociopath, but sane. He was more obsessed with money than any particular woman IMO.

Sam, otoh, was BSC. The normal-on-the-outside, thinks-a-wood-doll-talks-to-him-on-the-inside NUT. It would have my Carjack lovin' heart good to slowly see Carjack worked back together at the time---as Jack realized there was something "not right" with this guy that everyone else considered "nice".

ETA: I know G&P couldn't have written it as good as Marland did---I guess I really meant that had they paced it out differently, and let it play out over six months-year instead of three months (or less), it would have been a lot more intriguing.

• Members

Unpleasant viewing (where Jensen tried to live out her own fantasies with the character) that made Vicky intolerable during her overrated and unbearable tenure.

Funny thing is, she was slightly better (but not by much) when playing Marley, but Jensen apparently hated that role and begged to stop playing her, which is why they brought Ellen Wheeler back.

• Members

I definitely see your what your saying. Maybe its just me wanting Wally Kurth to have had a stable soap role at that point following GH getting rid of him. tongue.png And I grew up only knowing Hunt Block's Craig, which was comedic IMO, but watching the old Craig on YT, reading up on his history, and with Scott Bryce reprising his role (and he quickly made me say, "Hunt Block, who??") I hated that they made him a nutcase. They totally made him go over the deep end that when Lindstrom took the role I didn't care for Craig anymore.

• Members

Why ATWT ever dropped Eric William Morris as Matt, I would never understand and YES I got the hey we fooled around in the slammer vibe from them as well

I also dont know why after making him Emily's son & Allison's brother they just totally dropped Evan Alex Cole's Hunter. I thought he was great.

Why make Noah's mom on ATWT, Cheri Love played by Robin Mattson if Cheri was to be murdered. Woulda loved RM in scenes with JS' Noah. IMHO she would have helped him very well.

• Members

They brought back Larry and wrote some BS about him stealing one of Emily's unused donated eggs and giving it to his lover, who bore this geeky Hunter.

I think the "attraction" he had for Alison got a bit ickier than TIIC thought it would, and they dumped the character. I wouldn't be surprised either if his hiring was insurance against Hansis leaving.

Archived