(All)Short-Term Characters who had staying power.

• Members

I was watching old clips of Days today and I was think they had some great short-term characters on their show they could have stayed to bring more to the Canvas.

Dr. Baker - His gambling obsession reminded me of Neil Curtis' and would have been great as a Michael Mancini (Melrose Place) type doctor on the show.

Nurse Lynn- Whatever happen to her?

Maxine- "Same as Above"

Madeline Peterson-Woods- I guess mainly because she was played so wonderfully by Jessica Tuck, It would have been even better if she was Kate's sister.

Honorable mentions: Ford Decker and Morgan Hollingsworth.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As far as Days, Morgan and Paul Hollingsworth fit very well. He would have been perfect for Kate, Anna, Marlena - any of the women really. And she was great with Philip and could have worked with anyone else too. I liked their dynamic and how they were different than others in salem, but still fit. Its too bad Anna being her mother never happened either, because her and Carrie could have an interesting relationship as well.

• Members

ATWT's Brandy (circa 2001/2002) should have been made permanent. The actress was really good and she would have been a good "bad girl" addition to the teen scene. I recall that era being very frustrating and full of missed chances.

• Members

Matt, Casey's cellmate on ATWT. The actor had a lot of potential, and he could have been a part of the bisexual story that Billy Magnuson would have been so believable in.

Vimal on OLTL. Cute, funny, a good actor - wasted because the show shipped him off to make Rama into yet another of their generic whores.

• Members

though, I titled it Short-term characters, this is a temp recast I think should have been convinced to stay on......Cynthia Watros (Vicky, Another World) I found her a breath of fresh air in that role.

I also thought Marla Gibbs' Aunt Irma on Passions had staying power I could see her and Edna being a hoot together.

• Members

I remember NBC even promoting Watros' short temp stint on AW. The promo was something like "She just won a Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress, so what's she doing in Bay City?"

Watros only did it as a favour to someone at P&G, forgot who it was though.

It was pretty unusual, but Watros and Anne Heche had pretty similar acting styles, which automatically makes them better than that damp pig Jensen Buchanan.

• Members

Amira on ATWT. tongue.png Let me stop lying. Not but I know I might be in the minority but Sam (Wally Kurth) on ATWT. Now I know he was a stupid character due to him lugging that stupid puppet around but I do think that he had stellar chemistry Maura West. He had that simple blue collar aspect about him that would've been perfect for World Turns. I also think that he would've (in my mind) been hot with Emily. I think the show really missed the boat with a great actor like Wally Kurth.

• Members

I don't remember people having a problem with Kurth---it was the idiotic story that everyone depised. In fact, had that story been written properly, and not pushed through Pissy and Goutman's cookie cutter plot points, I think Carly having some lunatic obsessed with her (ala Doug Cummings/Kim) would have been gold.

Archived