Soaps Wardrobe

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fallon wore one on Dynasty too.

Erica's clothes were great throughout the '80s leading into the mid-'90s. The '90s were more austere, and after they let Carol Luiken go, they began to dress her like she was Amanda on Melrose Place.

Like Erica, Dorian had great clothes in the '80s but better extended that '80s glam look into the '90s up until a year or two before RS left the second time. Dorian was also the last soap character to sport an array of furs. There were winters in the mid-'90s where she wore fur everyday, as many as ten coats a season.

Constance Towers' Helena is imo the currently best dressed character on soaps. She's dressed like Dorian should have always been dressed. Dorian began to look like a kooky caricature of herself, and as MdLC pointed out, not unlike Betty Davis in her final years.

If you factor in her short stint, Sydney Chase may have very well been the most consistently best, and most expensively, dressed character, Morgan Fairchild providing a lot of her own wardrobe.

And of course there was Felicia Gallant...

• Members

I loved that red suit of Dorian's with the leopard fur buttons and collar. That thing was gorgeous. I was told Strasser bought that suit for her personal wardrobe.

I agree about Constance Towers. She always looks perfect. I was told she always wears her own clothes. I wonder if anyone can verify that.

Not sure about LaLucci, mostly because I'm no more a fan of stunt costuming than I am of stunt casting. I thought she looked beautiful at times, bizarre at others. Stunt costuming usually detracts from the story.

Not a fan of the "Have you seen my breasts yet?" costume choices of a few women on GH. The less said about that, the better. GH had a good wardrobe head for a time, but they've had some shakeups which have been obvious.

Archived