GH: OLTL Actress Joins

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The problem is that none of this is resolving a cliffhanger. Todd is thrown into yet another pointless feud with a zombie. John is still smirking, pouting, and heavy breathing his way through scenes with characters who have to lose a few dozen IQ points to prop him. It's just a drag. The soap press loves it, and GH's leading men are so worthless that the unwashed moper McBain is more popular, but none of this represents anything good about OLTL or even any coherent storyline. And the whole "I know you, I know you" with McBain and various pet characters is just laughable.

RC is using all the worst of his OLTL, and helping drag GH ratings down further in the process.

I don't even know what TSJ would do on the show. Look bored for a week or two and then reunite offcamera with Tea?

• Members

and how would you know? When Todd does come back, it will have to resolve the cliffhanger from OLTL. Thats expected considering not much has changed on that front from the convos he and other characters had during his few episodes. John's different as his arc didnt have a cliffhanger so there is nothing to resolve with him over here.

• Members

Other than some very bad expository dialogue in a handful of episodes, most of Todd's brief time on GH was about a possible hookup with Carly and a feud with Sonny.

John's story has also been solely about Sonny.

What is going to be resolved anyway? Oh, hey Todd, this murder you didn't commit on another show, with a character GH viewers never saw...it turns out you didn't kill them after all, just like we already knew. Now everyone can be happy.

They might as well just wave the whole story off with a few lines. Based on the ratings drop, few cared after Victor was "killed" anyway. Those last scenes with TSJ drooling were an anticlimax and I doubt it will be any better shoehorned into GH for a few episodes.

• Members

Todd was only on for what 2 or 3 episodes? Obviously nothing was going to be resolved in that short a time especially when he came on to deal with Starr's issues, which was a precursor to usher her onto the canvas. His future appearance will most likely shed more light on him and not be all about her.

John is here to give Sonny more story. No big surprise here considering the type of character he is

Whats to resolve? Um the cliffhanger that OLTL left off on?

• Members

Does it really need to be resolved? Most viewers know Victor will be found alive and safe. I doubt GH is going to bring in both TSJ and FL, so if they do have TSJ come in for a few days, will any Victor fans even be satisfied? Why not just have Todd come back and say everything is cleared up?

I think he was on a week or so. They had enough time for extended bonding scenes with Carly and those atrocious faceoff scenes with Sonny. They treated the Victor story as a kidney stone they struggled to pass.

That's part of the problem with this - only if someone watched OLTL would they be interested. Even then, I'm not sure how many are interested. I watched OLTL and I didn't care about any of it. The only question I want answered is why Allison Perkins was written OOC for that bad finale.

• Members

I'll take it a step further and say that I was an OLTLer watcher who is tuning into GH precisely because of certain OLTLer characters. Cartini know full well that viewers like me wouldn't give two shits about GH if it weren't for Todd and Blair, as well as Starr and John (to a lesser extent for me, personally), coming to Port Charles for new adventures/to wrap up the storylines that were denied to them when TPTB chose to cancel OLTL over the festering canker sore known as GH.

• Members

yes it does to give fans closure. Ive seen soaps cancelled with no resolution and it still pisses me off. PC comes to mind. I wish ABC had brought some characters onto their other shows to shed some light as to their final conclusion. We are getting the oppurtunity to have that here and Im glad they are going with it. Its almost as bad here bc OLTL was given false up of continuing only to have that crushed and IM sure had they known it was actually ending, it would have been written a bit differently than had it was. Id be pissed if that final segment of OLTL was all. It ended on a HUGE cliffhanger. I beleive that does need to be resolved. And yes I would be satisfied with Victor and Tea coming back for a few days to close it out as opposed to Todd mentioning it all in passing

Archived