Lifetime: Devious Maids

Cheap21

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't think it was bad, but sadly some will do that. I see the cast urging them to really look at the show with an open mind and I can understand if further into the series people still think that but its just episode one which IMO is almost always weak when it comes to dramas. it os extremely rare if you find a drama pilot that hooks you from go.

• Members

As someone who is Latino on one side of my family and several of the females in my family have been maids. I've seen the same complaints about the movie The Help. . I watched and definitely agreed to pilot was very stereotypical as expected. Aside from the portrayal of the maids that damn Spanish guitar in most scenes was just so obnoxious. Also from what I heard the novela this show was based off of had alien abductions(the supernatural type). Strange also was the way the maids were socializing around Beverly Hills.

• Members

That is exactly what I thought. Hmmn...four friends face the murder (death) of a fifth. Hilarity ensues skewering the vacant lives of the rich (small town). If this was written by Sheffer, Pissy, or Bell, etc. peeps would be tripping all over themselves calling them a one-trick pony. At least there's not the constant, annoying voice over.

But yay! to seeing Andrea Parker! And damn does Valerie Mahffrey ever play anything but a whack job?

• Members

The Devious Maids FB page says that the show averaged 2 million viewers for the premiere last night. They released the pilot episode online a few weeks prior to the premiere, so I wonder how that plays into the numbers, if they're counted in that 2 million or not.

Archived