Lifetime: Devious Maids

Cheap21

• Members

Looks like episode 2, drew a higher audience than episode 1. Good sign of successful. If it continues, it will probably see a second season! Hopefully La Lucci will have time for Pine Valley.

EvaLongoria 4:52pm
Thank you everyone for increasing our ratings this week!! #DeviousMaids!!! Tune in next week to @lifetimetv!!

Great theory.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Susan Lucci is THE highlight of the show. She is playing her character so adorably and as others have pointed out she is making every line count. In other hands the character could be an annoying hack. But with Lucci she is a delight.

• Members

Finally caught up with the first two episodes of this. All through episode one I was really on the fence, but despite myself, the show won me over by the end of episode two.

Yes, it does feel a lot like Desperate Housewives--but one thing I like so far is it's more of a caricature or lighter. DH sometimes had a hard time (especially later on) with juggling being this serious DRAMA and a silly caricatured contrived piece of fun. So far this seems less concerned about that--though the characters are still more or less believable or likeable. (Maybe that's due to it being based on a telenovela--has anyone seen that?)

Oh man I actually had a weird daddy crush as a young teen on Tom Irwin in My So-Called Life but now he always plays these major creeps, it's always disconcerting as I was so obsessed with MSCL that when I hear his voice I still think of Angela's dad.

OK was Carmen in the DH finale? Is that the same character?

Susan Lucci needs MUCH more screentime (why don't the other rich people ever invite her to their parties? Because, despite her issues she actually seems genuinely nice? Having her support "love" at the end of ep two was a nice twist--I was sure they were going tohave her against it secretly but I'm glad that doesn't seem to be true

OK I didn't buy the reaction of the college kids to finding out the girl is a maid (sorry I don't know many names yet.) I mean c'mon--YES I guess some of them are equally rich kids, and I could see it if they were in high school in Beverly Hills. But these are meant to be college kis--who are taking, I assume, various artsy courses (fashion design, etc.) I honestly don't buy that they'd turn on her due to that (though to be fair, only the fashion girl seemed to really be bitchy about it.)

Anyway, far from a brilliant show, but it's fun Summer entertainment and miles ahead of the tonally off Mistresses remake or The Haves and Have Nots (a show that thematically this actually shares a surprising amount with) or any other Summer show I've seen.

But please La Lucci, and Lifetime, keep this as a Summer series and don't rush a season 2--give her time to do AMC.

• Members

LOL....I had to do a google search to find out who they were bc I cant keep the names straight yet. That chick Valentina is so thirsty and I don't fnd her all that sympathetic

I knew Marisol wasn't a maid whens he showed up as she came across way too suspicious. That line that Taylor said about her sounding college educated may have been stereotypical but it was a big clue. I thought she was going to be revealed as Flora's sister and trying to avenge her death by finding the real killer. Totally didn't see the twist at the end of the first episode about her being the suspect's mother

Brianna Brown is even more beautiful here than when she was on DH. I hope she has a lot of success with this show

I cant stand Rosie. I hated Dania Ramirez on Heroes and hate her judgemental, annoying character here. That stunt she pulled with the baby during the interview was so immature and IMO should have gotten her fired or at least reprimanded. BTW, it was nice to see Matt Cedeno again

Didn't realize that AMC's Lea was in this; well I guess not for too long.

I like Carmen but she is what 40 and trying to be the next Selena? I really don't like that Odessa and root for Carmen over her. When she took that fall, I thought for sure she was dead

• Members

I can't remember the name of Spencer's cheating wife (the one Rosie works for), but last week did make me wonder if Spencer is really the baby's father.

I bought it. I've known some very nice wealthy people who were completely accepting of people who weren't just like them. I've also met a few wealthy adults who preferred to isolate themselves and interact only with other wealthy people, and they completely looked down on me because I was 'just' middle class (ie, lived in an apartment instead of a giant house in the 'right' neighborhood, wasn't a member of the country club, didn't vacation in Europe, etc.). I can't imagine how disdainful some of those same people would have been if I'd been a maid as opposed to a college-educated professional. I thought that moment where the girl and the guy looked at Valentina and realized she was there to work and then asked her for a drink was spot on.

Archived