Lifetime: Devious Maids

Cheap21

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now its branded a series, Katie is... just... yeah. I got nothing. I even hate that for shows that don't get a full season -- its a series or a one off series IMO if it only has one season. Mini series are reserved for shows like American Horror Story (but I tend to call it something else with miniseries since they're coming up on their third mini series) or shows that really are only made as a mini series. I guess maybe she said that since the original was a telenovela and those are basically miniseries but I hope it can continue on.

• Members

Telenovelas are LONG mini"series though. For me Horror Story is an anthology series (although that's a questionable term because it usually means something like Twilight Zone.) I know the awards always make this more confusing--like how Downton Abbey was counted as a miniseries, although from the start they had every plan to ideally run it for more than a year. It's all semantics--but it irks me :P

• Members

Glad to hear that the show has been going up in the ratings.

Maybe because it's on cable (which tends to exercise more quality control) but I am loving that the show feels more serialized than DH did. DH had this weird thing of trying to combine self-contained stories with continuing drama and, sometimes, the results was very hammy, confused. Thankfully, it feels more integrated here.

I like how stories are getting so mixed up and tangled. The stuff with Genevieve and Zoila was great, as well as how they got Taylor and Adrian involved.

I'm not sure if they're trying to trick us into thinking Carmen slept with Benny when she might not have, but I am OK if she did. It shows me the show is not willing to be too cutesy.

Spence and Rosie are sweethearts.

I wish the actors playing Remi and Valentina were a bit better. (OK, a lot).

I did not expect that end with Adrian at all. So far, it all seems very promising.

• Members

Valentina is in love with Remy? Girl, bye! They havent even been on a date.

That coroner giving Marisol his pants without taking his wallet was incredibly stupid. Loved her setting the curtains on fire. That was such a boss move.

Love the friendship between Zoila and Genevieve, especiallly Gen calling her, her sister. I want and need to see Gen interact with some other people though besides Zoila. She feels very isolated.

Why has Peri never fired Rosie? Like even before she found out about the affair. I wouldnt want someone that dislikes me working for me. Eww if they are really going to put Spence with her. If this is supposed to be the show's main love story, I just cant wtih it. Ugh to that kiss and that slutbag kissing him back. I was confused though. Was that for real or was that just her having "impure" thoughts which she felt she had to confess?

Was surprised to see Carmen's manager just drop her like that. How many managers out there have clients that they know who's age is older than their IMDB page? As her agent, you lie and present her as being younger and emphasize her sexuality. That happens all the time. Didnt seem like that was a big deal. All it takes is one hit record to put her on the map. The actress was on Wendy Williams and they showed a clip of a future episode which reveals a secret of hers.

Archived