Lifetime: Devious Maids

Cheap21

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

June 30 - DEVIOUS MAIDS - Viewers - 2.086 mil 18-49 - 0.6

July 6 - DEVIOUS MAIDS - Viewers - 2.533 mil 18-49 - 0.9

And it started with a flat 2.0 million so it's been going up somewhat steadily.

• Members

I agree, but to be fair, Sam really only has himself to blame--I mean it's not like Carmen has to work very hard to manipulate him--I've seen 16 year old girls work harder to get a high school crush to carry their books, for Christ's sake. "No, I will not let you use the car... Wait--dinner? Well. OK."

The cucumber conversation kinda bugged me--because it came from Rosie, who for me is the weak link (yes, even more than the lovestruck daughter--at least that story involves La Lucci.) I like Grant Show, and I don't mind the story, except she's already gotten awfully whining and holier-than-though. Yeah her boss is a bitch and an idiot, but she goes on about being so religious, bla bla, and yet half the time hasn't done her job with the baby--just to manipulate her employer (granted she deserves it) -- and OK she acts like a complete prude but yet goes on and on about cock size (even complementing Grant Show?) Her voice bugs me too :P

She's always had moments like this on AMC, but can also be subtler. TO be fair, in this case, I think she is doing exactly what she was hired and directed to do (and I love it...)

• Members

I get the voice because I think they're laying Dania's accent on a little thick, but oddly enough her shenanigans make me laugh and are kinda endearing to me right now. Most characters I hate that. I'm pretty sure the baby will know her name before its mothers considering we've seen Rosie spend more time with that baby and Peri treats it as an afterthought as evidenced in recent episodes. She reminds me of a lot of women and I love them but I also love the dynamic they have like when she said what Peri was doing was a sin (it is, we get that) but I loved Carmen's line with how that's a reason why they don't hang out.

Rosie is very prim and proper so I can't wait for her to show a sorta devious side when they hook her and Spence up which is where I believe its headed.

• Members

Please do. LMAO.... I just never get how people hate Rosie. Eric, I really think it has a lot to do with her husband. I kinda get where she's coming from... she seems like she loved him a lot, even Spence has said it but I would like a little more information on when he died since she has a small child. Did I just forget or was it never really touched upon?

LOL I don't think I'd say it was an obsession, she probably hasn't felt a hard on in a long time and it was a surprise/shock and maybe even a little uncomfortable for her. I just thought it was hilarious that she used the gardener as her boyfriend and then Spence kinda knew he wasn't. Then I was laughing because he thought she didn't feel that. I've felt a few when I've hugged friends and I'm like, there's a small elephant in the room.

But I truly do hope you change your mind... lol its cool if you don't. You're fun to discuss stuff with. But I know like Cheap, I've had irrational hate toward people because of past characters they've played. I used to LOATHE Eva Longoria as a kid when she came between Paul & Christine, and I do mean loathe. I grew up hating her then after awhile I started to really enjoy her performances and stop seeing her as Isabella.

Archived