Lifetime: Devious Maids

Cheap21

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Loving tonight's Devious Maids. I really didn't like Carmen in the last episode, but she was far more entertaining in episode 2. I adored the comment at the beginning of the show about how the newspaper put a story about Flora's death on page 43, but if she'd been white it would have been page 1. It was an unexpected comment but there was a lot of truth in it.

Adored Zoila/Genevieve. I love the dynamic they have. Valentina is kind of annoying with her "I've loved him as long as I can remember bit" because it reminds me way too much of Ethan/Theresa on Passions, but I LOVED Valentina's conversation with Genevieve!

• Members

Damn, that is the truth though and I love that they'd put something like that on there.

Susan is fun in this role and I loved her live tweeting with fans.

I loved Rosie and her foiling Peri's plot -- and then Rosie's talk with Spence was really nice and sad at the same time.

• Members

LOL, we were justified... it needed to be toned down a LOT with Carmen and it seems like they did that. Her character reminds me more of the latina Susan a la DH... with some of the stuff she gets herself into. But I would not mind Carmen & Sam and Ros has a lovely voice.

Her antics tonight were funny, IMO what Carmen did during the pilot was the epitome of too much -- she came on too fast. I would have loved for her to get used to it and then have an a-ha moment about getting/using her boss to help launch her into a pop star. But we'll see how it goes considering Alejandro left for whatever reason and like she said he might be there 10 weeks out of the year so how much can she really do with getting his attention on her vocals.

Its kinda interesting that they recast the role originally from a female. I would have loved to see how Carmen would handle it trying to get a bitch woman.... but I love Matt so it's all good.

• Members

Okay I just got around to watching episode one tonight, right before episode two aired. I absolutely love the show! It's so much fun. It definitely feels like Desperate Housewives, but I'm perfectly fine with that. Unlike a lot of people here, I loved Desperate Housewives all the way through its run. I've missed it dearly and until this show, I really haven't been able to find anything fun and campy to fill that void.

I agree with what a couple of others said, I didn't like Carmen in the first episode but the second episode definitely warmed me to her. I like all of the other maids, especially Rosie and Zoila. The relationship between Zoila/Genevieve reminds me a bit of the Jane Fonda/Wanda Sykes relationship in Monster in Law.

I would have to say that Valentina annoys me a little but, but I'm not sure if it's so much her or the fact that storylines like this usually annoy me in general.

Susan Lucci is definitely the bright spot here and it's amazing to see her!

Also, am I the only one who noticed that the actress who plays Carmen REALLY favors GH's Lisa LoCicero? There mannerisms/acting methods are startlingly similar, and I mean that as a compliment.

• Members

Yaaaaaaaas, she has taken Carmen's place ten times over. I mean, I already didn't like her but each week my mood isn't improving towards her. I have no clue if it's the the character or the actress since I know this is her big break.

• Members

I also loved that Genevieve told Valentina, "Being a maid is what you do. It's not who you are." I thought that was really profound, and it was not something I expected to hear from one of the employers, but I loved that it was said and that Susan got to say it.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what really happened to Flora yet? I do, but theory at the moment is kind of out there.

• Members

Marisol said that the accused killer (her son) was hit over the head and when he came to, he had a bloody knife in his hand.

My theory at the moment is admittedly wild and out there. When Evelyn was talking to Adrian about wanting Marisol to come work for them, there was something about their demeanor and the way they both looked at each other... I didn't get the feeling that this was a situation in which Evelyn was worried about hiring an attractive maid her husband might want to sleep with. I actually got the feeling that they were into something kinky and illicit and were intrigued by the possibility of adding Marisol to whatever it is they do, just as they'd perhaps done with Flora.

I don't think either of the Powells had Flora killed - Adrian seemed too upset about her death, and Evelyn freaked out over the mess which makes me think that she's far too practical to want her maid slaughtered in their home. She wanted Flora to stop screwing Adrian - perhaps Flora was violating whatever rules they had set up before, and that was what had Evelyn so mad.

What I'm thinking right now is that the Powells are into some sort of swinging and/or BDSM practices, and they participated in them with Flora. At some point, she was more or less loaned out (for lack of a better term) to someone else who then raped her, and when she tried to go to Adrian for help, that person killed her. We know Adrian has dirt on Taylor (and my guess is that it's something sexual in nature) because it was strongly implied that he blackmailed her into letting Marisol work for them. We know Evelyn doesn't want the police looking further into her and Adrian, and they both think the young waiter is innocent - they likely know exactly who did kill her. Evelyn told Adrian that he wasn't the only man Flora was screwing, and Adrian looked as if he knew that already. Plus the other maids know that Flora was doing something inappropriate - they discussed it after the funeral and said it should die with Flora.

So... the question I have now is whether there's someone else on the canvas who is secretly involved with the Powells in whatever it is that they're doing or if this man Flora was with is someone else entirely who we haven't met yet. At this point, it could go a lot of different ways, assuming my theory is correct. Alejandro is never around, so he could easily be doing something else at one of his other houses. Spencer doesn't seem like the type to cheat on his wife, but it could be an act for Rosie's benefit. Genevieve and Remy don't seem to be vicious enough to kill anyone. Taylor's husband (whose name I can't recall) could be a possibility. I've sort of assumed a man, but it could easily be a woman as well - Flora had the strength to walk out of the room and all the way to the pool before she collapsed and died. You'd think that a man would have the strength to hold her down and kill her since she wasn't all that big, whereas a woman would perhaps have struggled more to deliver a fatal wound. If it's a woman, I'm not sure who to suspect.

• Members

I think the son is lying about only going on a "few dates" with Flora. He said he could recognize her handwriting! I couldn't recognize my own mother's handwriting!

Susan Lucci is making every line count, I love her!

• Members

Depends on what their non-dating relationship was - we know he was a waiter at the party, but were they good friends before that? Did they work together regularly? If he worked for a catering company and she routinely brought him lists of things for parties, I could see how he might recognize her handwriting. Him saying that he recognized her handwriting might be a red flag that there's more going on, or it could be something innocuous that was thrown in to confuse viewers.

Archived