Lifetime: Devious Maids

Cheap21

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hadn't heard about Helmut. I hope he's okay. :(

I finally watched the pilot episode tonight, and I LOVED it. I absolutely adored Susan's performance, and I hope she's more involved in future episodes. I had a similar thought about Zoila and her daughter - that Zoila was speaking from experience. I loved Rosie (I think it was Rosie) talking to her son, juxtaposed with the bitchy actress she works for telling her that she can't miss her facial appointment. I loved Marisol and the insecure second wife she's working for. It was nice to see Paula Garces too, if only for a moment. I assume we'll get flashbacks with her in it in future episodes.

Honestly, I think they should cut Carmen and her whole story. To me, it was by far the weakest part of the show, and Carmen is downright annoying. I have a reason to care about the other maids and about the people they work for, but so far, I don't have any reason to care about or like Carmen or her employer.

• Members

I hope so too about Paula becuase I know she keeps saying on Twitter watch the show for her and this that and the other and then I think to myself... but you weren't in it that long and sure it started the catalyst for them to investigate her murder and find out what truly happened but I'm hoping for a little more because I really do like Paula.

I actually agree with you, she did have the weakest storyline which was horribly boring and I FFed every time she came on because all she did was peddle her music and try to get her boss to help her make it as a pop star.

• Members

I think with Nicollette Sheridan, he resented her because he had his own visit for that show with the 4 women, but she was so popular and the network forced him to keep her on. I don't think he's some terror on the set, that was more a unique case of two dueling divas.

• Members

I love La Lucci, really I do, but the earrings were too matchy-matchy with the dress, and the print on the dress was bold enough that I thought it overwhelmed her small stature a bit. She wore a zebra print cocktail dress on AMC, and the print worked for her, but I liked the shorter length better. I feel like she tends to go big all over: statement dress, statement jewelery, and big hair (either down or swept to the side). I think she'd look significantly better if she went with a more simple but elegant look. If you want to wear a floor-length zebra print dress, fine, but go with a simple hairstyle and accessories that don't compete with the dress. I will give her props though for not wearing that godawful orange-red slip dress with the shredded bottom that she wore to the Emmy's last year. She looked so much better at the 'Devious Maids' party than she did at the Emmy's last year, but that's not saying a lot.

• Members

That's a valid point, but it's very clear early on in the show that these women are more than just maids, and they come across as significantly more sympathetic and interesting than their employers. I honestly only watched the Pilot to see Susan Lucci, but I really, really liked Marisol, Zoila and Rosie, and I will tune in again to see them and learn more about their lives.

Archived