Kirk Cameron anti gay remarks

Soapsuds

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's not about gay marriage. He says homosexuality itself is destroying society.

I really resent CNN giving this a platform. You can go anywhere and hear people talk about how disgusting homosexuality is. Even school principals feel free to talk about this.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20120302/NEWS01/303020007

All this does is make Kirk Cameron a martyr. Free speech, those liberals with their special rights are taking away his free speech.

Considering how desperate CNN is these days I wouldn't be surprised if they give him a show.

• Members

Whats destroying society is parents who dont discipline(arent there for them) their kids and then they go around carrying guns from who knows where shooting innocent kids and people. That's what should be focused on not who is sleeping with who and who likes who.....

• Members

I'm a Christian and I grew up in the church surrounded by Jesus-loving gay men. Nobody loved Jesus like these men did. Frankly, I don't think G-d nor Jesus nor whatever higher being you believe in gives a flip if you're a well-adjusted adult who prefers ones own sex in a mate. What's awful is that since heterosexuality is the norm, everything that is not the norm ignorantly gets grouped together so you have an idiot who compares two men or two women with an adult and a child, or even an animal or a piece of furniture. I don't know my Bible backwards, forwards,and sideways, but I do have my favorite passages and I'm in touch enough to see how folks cherry pick scriptures and play fast and loose with the Old Testament. I don't have to tell you about all of the verses re: forbidden foods and clothing and whatnot, we've evolved.

What's saddest TO ME, is when I look at several of my gay and lesbian friends who are atheists, which imo is no coincidence. I get the distinct impression that their set of beliefs is more of a response than a conclusion they may have come to on their own terms. "If the God of Cristianity hates me because of who I am and He made me and in my darkest moments I prayed for Him to CHANGE me, and he didn't... well screw this 'G-d', 'He' does not exist, and if He does exist, I sure as hell don't need him." You know what I mean? And not to say that it's always that conscious. I mean, if you're an atheist you're an atheist, but it's just my hope that people don't deny themselves a life with some sort of faith or spiritual reaction because others drove them away from it. I don't mean to sound preachy, I just want people to know that there are so many loving Christians out there who detest being grouped with the ignorance and hate.

• Members

And the media doesn't want to talk about those Christians, who do not say vile things, because it's not sexy, it's not a story, it's not controversy. Those Christians would also be ostracized by many in power so they have even less reason to speak up.

It's too bad there isn't anyone with a public profile similar to what Tammy Faye had.

• Members

Kirk is crazy and he's been that way for a long time. He got Julie McCullough fired from Growing Pains because she posed for Playboy, as well as demanding writers change lines that he thought were inappropriate. What he is doing now is for attention, he might be doing another rapture movie or something.

• Members

This is deep. I know what you are talking about. Most of my gay friends are atheists. It does surprise me but it shouldnt. I have the same feelings as you described above. I am glad you brought that up. I dont think i would turn atheist but sometimes I really wonder. I am a Catholic but havent been too close to the church for many reasons.

That will be too lateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....[!@#$%^&*] Kirk at 65...I might not make it.....lol...flove u Marceline.

All I kept thinking after this post was the song by Blondie....Rapture......lol

I remember all the playboy stuff that went down....I wasnt a JM fan but the way KC treated her was awful.

• Members

That is brilliantly put, and I agree completely. Me and Thom Bierdz had this discussion once, because me and him both believe in God, and some woman got on his facebook and told him he was going to hell, etc. He wanted to know what I would say to her... I told him that I would tell her to FIRST, get the book "What the Bible Really Says About Homosexuality" by catholic theologian Danial A. Helminiak, and then tell her that he REFUSES to let people's ignorance keep him from a personal relationship with God.

Now, as far Kirk Cameron and his attempting to keep his career alive by being a visible religious zealot... He needs to read verses 5 and 6 of Matthew chapter 6:

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Just a little something to use Kirk's own stuff against him :) Glad I never had a crush on him. I was into George Michael at the time.

• Members

While I do agree that a lot of gay people take that stance for those reasons, its not always the case. I am an atheist, and it has nothing to do with my sexuality but then again I also never had any self hatred or the desire to not be who I am.

Archived