Kirk Cameron anti gay remarks

Soapsuds

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Watching that clip where they learned Matthew Perry had died - "What happened to a second chance??" So cheesy and yet so sad. The epitome of sitcoms of that era, still preferable to any of the cynical and mean spirited trash on sitcoms today.

I'm trying to remember if Piers Morgan was working at The Sun at the time they hounded a dying Jeremy Brett about whether or not he was gay. That type of trash is similar to having Kirk Cameron come on your show to spout bile and get attention.

• Members

Chelsea Noble, who played his girlfriend Kate. (Trivia: she also played a girlfriend of Jesse's on Full House in the first season, which makes the scenes with her and DJ interesting considering she and Candace became sisters-in-law in 1991)

They have six kids. But the first four of them are actually adopted, as Chelsea herself was adopted and wanted to continue that with her own family. The last two were "biological surprises", if you will laugh.png .

Meanwhile, Alan Thicke and Tracey Gold speak out against Kirk's views:

http://popwatch.ew.c...ke-tracey-gold/

• Members

Alphanguy, I certainly understand that the GOP is not an alternative. But the homosexual community should follow the example of the religious right. For them, the Democratic party is obviously not an alternative. But they still manage to exert tremendous political influence because they threaten to stay home or form a third party if the GOP doesn't cater to their agenda. (As a result, the GOP never takes their votes for granted.) The LGBT community should follow similar tactics if they want the Democrats to fight for gay marriage. I have honestly never figured out why the gay leadership failed to follow this example set forth by their opposition.

(I want to make it clear that it is most definately not in the interest of the gay community to actually abstain from voting or to form a third party, since those actions will make it easier for a GOP victory. What is in their best interest, however, is to threaten to do so, as it is the only way Democratic leaders will take them seriously. I can guarantee you that if the religious right remained as quiet as the LGBT community currently does, then the GOP would barely even talk about divisive social issues and instead concentrate on the economic issues that unite the entire party.)

Also, in the event that Obama comes out in support of gay marriage in 2013 (which he might very well do), I am sure that he will be hailed as a "courageous" leader by the press. However, this would be a filp-flop of massive proportions (though apparently Obama--unlike Romney--"evolves" instead of "flip-flops" when he changes his mind) which would also show he was a coward, since he refused to be for marriage equality until he faced zero political consequences for doing so.

• Members

Any time a progressive group stays home, they pay for it. Some stayed home in the 2010 midterms out of protest, and what did they get as a result? Very very hostile legislation on a variety of fronts, for women, minorities, police, firefighters, you name it.

I doubt it. The media loves to hype up gay marriage as a huge polarizing issue. If he does endores it they will talk about the outrage from "family" leaders, ponder endlessly whether this will hurt Democrats down the ticket, etc. Look at how they let a has been like Kirk Cameron on TV solely so he could talk trash about homosexuality.

• Members

I can't believe someone who goes on national TV and spreads such poison about homosexuality hides behind the "gay friends" canard. This reminds me of the gay man who worked for Rick Santorum.

Anyone who spreads bile like this always ends up as the victim, somehow.

Archived