Huffington Post: General Hospital: A New Beginning or a Dead End?

• Members

THANK YOU!

I couldn't put my finger on it. For years, I was wondering what it was about this dude's writing that irked me. I thought it was the camp. I thought it was the cliched "bad guy/girl goes psycho with a gun at the end of the storyline" thing. NO! It's the fact that a lot of that stuff resembled bad fanfic! I see it, now. I totally see exactly how that description fits!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Frankly, the ONLY thing separating Ron Carlivati from a lot of us is the fact that he had Claire Labine to help him break into the business. Otherwise, he'd be no different peddling his wares on boards such as this one with the rest of us yahoos.

• Members

I don' think getting TR or FH had a thing to do with timing Robins death. They wanted her death, the deaths of the others, and the arrivals of the OLTL folks and a few vets to coincide with St Ron arriving and to give him a ratings boost.

• Members

No kidding, someone should sue for plagiarism. I can't really blame RC/FV here--going back to the article, I'm not even sure if they would have had the power to drop Maurice B so early into their run. The situation is so different from back in Monty's day, the comparison doesn't seem fair. I also am not sure how sharp a change people saw two weeks into Monty's run--I know the change was major and fairly immediate, but with the soap format (as much as I agree with most of what was written) 2 weeks really is too short, unfortunately to judge a regime change.

Archived