January 30 - February 3, 2012

Toups

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Revolution posted record lows again, so hopefully that (plus the terrible quality) don't hurt GH too much.

FULL ARTICLE: http://www.tvmediainsights.com/2012/02/abc%E2%80%99s-the-revolution-continues-to-spiral-downward/

Also Toups, I think it would be a good idea to start referencing The Revolution when listing the ratings. It's such a new thing to have GH with no lead-in and you need those numbers for perspective. Yes ratings will be down and whatnot, but to have such a small lead-in and build ratings is a huge thing. Especially if the show starts to see real rating success in coming weeks.

• Members

Oh WOW!

Those Revolution numbers are really terrible as this show has really flopped hard. The affiliates will be pulling this show off the schedule very soon if some of them already haven't. No way ABC brings this show back in the fall, they can definitely find something better than this or just keep GH.

I really feel bad that GH always has to follow that low-rated program.

• Members

It's too bad TR didn't debut before that food show. If it had, perhaps ABC would've kept OLTL. Now, I can't imagine ABC not moving GH to 2p.m. as soon as KC comes on. However, I'm not sure the affiliates will put up with these ratings for 7 more months. I never thought I'd root for GH to do well, but now with only four shows, I'm hope for the genre's sake that it survives.

• Members

yes I do think ABC will think twice now before pink slipping GH def as it's their daytime jewel now. They should ahve waited a year or two before pink clipping OLTL to give that Food show more time to build an audieance. I think these terrible ratings bode very good for Days too.

I also want to add it's still early for The Rev. I am assuimg they will build ther ratings just a bit as time goes on

• Members

If the Revulsion has to continue to PAY people $30 to sit in the audience as they tape their show, I wonder how long ABC will continue to want to keep it. From what I understand, most shows have a wait-list for tickets. Revulsion ratings are in the basement and people won't even go to watch live-- sounds like a typical ABC blunder to me. Now, do they cut their losses and replace it with something else (even worse if possible?) or keep GH for 6 mo- 1 year as a lead in for Queen Katie? And I'm just saying it now-- I think Katie will flop too.

Archived