Potty Talk on Soaps

• Members

Clearly, I am bored at work.

I can only remember one instance on a soap where a natural bodily function was mentioned, jokingly. On DAYS, I think it was at the New Year's party (1997 turning to 1998) at the Penthouse Grille. Ivan mentions to Vivian that he sees Kate by herself with a sinister grin on her face and wonders what's up. Viv's response? "Who knows. It's probably gas."

haha.

Any others?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There was that time when Langley daydreamed about pushing drunk Phoebe out of her wheelchair and she ripped a mean fart as she tumbled down the curved staircase.

But seriously...

These are stretches, but Jack peed his pants on OLTL and Dorian memorably shouted "PENIS!" while giving Blair the business over Todd.

Hmmm, David Vickers must have said SOMETHING potty related at some point...

• Members

^ LOL!

The most glaring to me are hostage storylines, like when Jan held Shawn Brady captive for months on Days. He was chained up in that cage, wearing a pair of little boys' baseball pants... and I have no idea how or when he went to the bathroom for THREE MONTHS.

Didn't JR pee on Josh's foot on AMC once?

• Members

Same with Hope way back when in 1996 when she was held captive in a cold cabin all winter long by Jude St. Clair.

Can't remember if Marlena's luxurious underground Parisian cage was equipped with a toilet, although at one point she did get to enjoy a bubble bath while pervy ol' Stefano watched.

• Members

There is this infamous GL story about farting. Basically Krista Teserau (Mindy) passed gas, and a horse was on set along with some other actors. First they thought it was the horse, but it was Krista, and no one believed she would be that smelly, I have no idea if this scene aired or not.

• Members

Yeah, JR peed on Josh on AMC. Oh, and Annie and Erica ran got into a catfight in the ladies room at ConFusion, and Erica dunked Annie's head in a toilet. There was usually a lot of snark going on in the ladies' room on AMC. There may have been some talk about peeing with regard to taking pregnancy tests.

Bodily function usually doesn't come up when a character is being held captive somewhere. When Erica kidnapped David - both in the vise in the basement and then years later when she handcuffed him and tied him to a chair in the penthouse, she provided him with food and water, but potty breaks were never mentioned. I guess she expected him to hold it.

• Members

I miss how on AMC, the Valley Inn powder room was always the center for so much action at the various benefits, parties, and weddings they had. It used to be a big set with huge vanities where the women would freshen up. I swear, Erica spent more time in the bathroom at the parties than the dance floor.

• Members

On OLTL in 2003, when Victor/FakeTodd/FakeWalker (at the time it was Walker) was still new on the show, there was a scene at the Palace where Bo asked where he was going and he said, "Bathroom. You wanna come?" and Bo replied, "No I gave at the office."

My 14 year old self was quite amused at the time laugh.png .

Archived